The Joufuu Build Board

Looking for a sheath for the Fiddleback KPH.

It's such an oddball design on top of a rarely made one that I really can't point you in a right direction. I owned one a few years ago, but never developed a pattern for it.

Any chance you could make another of your surls arowana sheaths? Doesn't have to be a fancy model, I just need something to carry it in. The basic brown with dangler I saw up for sale earlier in the year would be perfect.

Any chance you could make another of your surls arowana sheaths? Doesn't have to be a fancy model, I just need something to carry it in. The basic brown with dangler I saw up for sale earlier in the year would be perfect.

Not a problem. I'll put it on my build board. :thumbup:

If someone else has been wanting one of these, please let me know. I like building models in pairs here lately.

Hey Bud,

If you could consider this, I'd like a ..

Split Pouch Crossdraw sheath, Ambidextrous carry, Black w/ Orange stitching, OKT EDU

By the way, I've got 3 of your ESQ-1 ambi sheaths and the first 2 are the first ones that you made. The 3rd one is a bit wider and it happens to work very nice for Chris' EDU. Just so you know to list EDU for those wider ESQ-1's.

Thanks,
Jerry

Not sure if this is the proper thread, but I've got a question. I purchased a bushcrafter xl from aa Forge. Do you know if you offer a sheath that will work for this, and if you're not sure, could I give you the dimensions and you could see if you have something that will work?

Hey Bud,

If you could consider this, I'd like a ..

Split Pouch Crossdraw sheath, Ambidextrous carry, Black w/ Orange stitching, OKT EDU

By the way, I've got 3 of your ESQ-1 ambi sheaths and the first 2 are the first ones that you made. The 3rd one is a bit wider and it happens to work very nice for Chris' EDU. Just so you know to list EDU for those wider ESQ-1's.

Thanks,
Jerry

I'll put the EDU split pouch on the build board .. but it'll be a few days.

Not sure if this is the proper thread, but I've got a question. I purchased a bushcrafter xl from aa Forge. Do you know if you offer a sheath that will work for this, and if you're not sure, could I give you the dimensions and you could see if you have something that will work?

I don't own that knife so I really can't answer the question. Easiest thing to do is compare it to Fiddleback models and then I could give you an educated guess on fitment. Only way to be 100% requires me to have the knife in hand.

Right in I'll check it out. I'm loving my arowana sheath, so I wanna keep sending business your way! Thanks for the quick response.

I'll put the EDU split pouch on the build board .. but it'll be a few days.

Woohoo, got it! (the purchase part) Thanks Bud!! I'll post up some pics with the knife then.

stitchingforOspreyKnifeToolEDU-vi.jpg

Hey Bud, could you make an ISP sheath with a short clip for a Monarch / BC Jr.
Also a Bushscout sheath rig for a Bushfinger/ Kephart.

Thanks,
Nathan

I keep missing the Bushscout rigs when they come up.

Hey Bud, could you make an ISP sheath with a short clip for a Monarch / BC Jr.
Also a Bushscout sheath rig for a Bushfinger/ Kephart.

Thanks,
Nathan

I keep missing the Bushscout rigs when they come up.

Color preference on the Monarch ISP?

As for the BushScout rigs, I'll be making more of those on a regular basis in the upcoming months.

Bud,
Not sure if you make one, but I've been looking for ISP to fit a Fiddleback Kephart in a dark brown or black.. Cordovan?.

I'm also looking for an ISP for an OKT Raptor in black.

Thanks,
Matt

Bud,
Not sure if you make one, but I've been looking for ISP to fit a Fiddleback Kephart in a dark brown or black.. Cordovan?.

I'm also looking for an ISP for an OKT Raptor in black.

Thanks,
Matt

I offer a couple ISPs that will carry a Kephart. As Scotcha mentioned, the Recluse/Ladyfinger one I make as well as the Bushfinger size (same height, but wider throat).

Nothing I know of for the Raptor .. mainly because I do not own one. Might ask Gusbuster5 ... pretty sure he carries one in one of my ambidextrous/pancake styles.

Thanks for the heads up on the Ladyfinger fitting the Kephart.

Raptor blade size is pretty close to the LF... OAL is a little bit shorter (~1/4 to 1/2 inch). I'm not sure how much that would leave me with the deep seat ISP you have on your page right now. Your ambi style does list it as fitting. I guess worst case I could mod one to clip for ISP.

Shamelessly stealing this from Comprehensivist...
Ladyfinger vs Raptor

Hey Bud! I'm looking for a Pocket Kephart ISP sheath with no clip and black in color. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up on the Ladyfinger fitting the Kephart.

Raptor blade size is pretty close to the LF... OAL is a little bit shorter (~1/4 to 1/2 inch). I'm not sure how much that would leave me with the deep seat ISP you have on your page right now. Your ambi style does list it as fitting. I guess worst case I could mod one to clip for ISP.

The issue with trying to just use the OAL of the Raptor is it's design. The up-swept point will cause fitment problems with most sheath design - cutting/slicing thru the tradition fold over sheaths I make. I would need one of those in hand so I can design something specific. It *might* fit one of my ambidextrous pancake patterns .. but nothing I can say 'it fits this' for sure.

Hey Bud! I'm looking for a Pocket Kephart ISP sheath with no clip and black in color. Thanks!

It'll be about a week. Are you particular with the stitching color?

Anyway you could do a right handed scout sheath with bubble tooling for a Bushfinger? Walnut and butterscotch, just like the one you have available for the hiking buddy?

Back