The Kwaikens are coming

yeah.. I decided not to pursue to try open the blade after he say loosing a few bearing is ok .... hehehe even the designer say losing is ok.
which mean.. we probably will loose it

The knife looks nice however, I have to overcome the "made in China" factor.

The materials are all the same, the steel is from usa ikbs is from usa, who knows maybe their ti is the same supplier what the makers in usa get. The design is todd begg. Made on cnc machines and made to exact specs of todd begg, it does not bother me if it was made in china. 95% of all goods in our houses are made in china for american companies. So it does not bother me. Especially since i am a fan of Reates knives i own a few and all have been excellent and better fit and finish than many american manufacturers so yeah it doesnt matter one bit. Its not like they went to a nameless valueless unskilled factory to make it for $5 and sell it for high prices. The machining in the todd behh kwaiken has been the best i have seen. I love ZT too but they are rough around the edges and if you had shown the ZT production vs the kwaiken to a non knife person and asked them which is from USA and which is from china guess what they would say? Yeah its that good. And I support american makers but i also support quality products from manufacturers striving to be on the cutting edge no matter where they are from. I never buy american cars only italian and german. Value and quality for the money. Get a buck knife if you want to keep it all american. Even half of those are made in china with the quality you have in mind. This, is nothing even remotely close. And the fact that I can own a todd begg that doesnt cost thousands but has the same quality as if it were made here, Im in!! So try one out and it will change your view on "china made" forever. Get enlightened. Dont be close minded.

Todd Begg wouldn't risk his reputation if the quality of the Steelcraft series was anything but excellent. By having them made by a high-quality manufacturer like Reate in China using the same or better materials (S35VN over N690) and exacting fit & finish we end up getting more for less than half the money! Everybody wins.

Todd Begg Steelcraft Kwaiken Flipper 4" S35VN Black Stonewashed is coming in about a month from now!

TDSCKWKNBSWnt.jpg

That's the one I'm waiting on. Dahum, that dark stonewash looks sweet. Hurry up and take my money!

The Gray Stonewashed Todd Begg Steelcraft Kwaiken is in stock at BladeHQ, Knife Center and GP Knives.

Last edited:
For anyone still waiting on their Kwaiken, Massdrop has both the black and grey versions for as low as $399 with delivery before Xmass!

The materials are all the same, the steel is from usa ikbs is from usa, who knows maybe their ti is the same supplier what the makers in usa get. The design is todd begg. Made on cnc machines and made to exact specs of todd begg, it does not bother me if it was made in china. 95% of all goods in our houses are made in china for american companies. So it does not bother me. Especially since i am a fan of Reates knives i own a few and all have been excellent and better fit and finish than many american manufacturers so yeah it doesnt matter one bit. Its not like they went to a nameless valueless unskilled factory to make it for $5 and sell it for high prices. The machining in the todd behh kwaiken has been the best i have seen. I love ZT too but they are rough around the edges and if you had shown the ZT production vs the kwaiken to a non knife person and asked them which is from USA and which is from china guess what they would say? Yeah its that good. And I support american makers but i also support quality products from manufacturers striving to be on the cutting edge no matter where they are from. I never buy american cars only italian and german. Value and quality for the money. Get a buck knife if you want to keep it all american. Even half of those are made in china with the quality you have in mind. This, is nothing even remotely close. And the fact that I can own a todd begg that doesnt cost thousands but has the same quality as if it were made here, Im in!! So try one out and it will change your view on "china made" forever. Get enlightened. Dont be close minded.

Thank you so much we really appreciate the love.

In another thread someone had one of the scale screws completely fall out but fortunately it was caught behind the clip.

I checked all 6 scale screws (3 on each side) and the clip screw on my Steelcraft Kwaiken. All screws are Torx T-08. To access the one at the bottom of the clip side you need to remove the clip.

None of the screws were to the point of falling loose but I did need to tighten 3 of the 7 screws. If they come loose again a tiny drop of blue loctite will take care of them.

This should probably be addressed by the factory before shipment.

In another thread someone had one of the scale screws completely fall out but fortunately it was caught behind the clip.

I checked all 6 scale screws (3 on each side) and the clip screw on my Steelcraft Kwaiken. All screws are Torx T-08. To access the one at the bottom of the clip side you need to remove the clip.

None of the screws were to the point of falling loose but I did need to tighten 3 of the 7 screws. If they come loose again a tiny drop of blue loctite will take care of them.

This should probably be addressed by the factory before shipment.

Can you let me know where you saw that I want to address that immediately. We back these knives up %100 and if there is any problem we will take care of it immediately. Thanks for the heads up.
Best,
Mark

Can you let me know where you saw that I want to address that immediately. We back these knives up %100 and if there is any problem we will take care of it immediately. Thanks for the heads up.
Best,
Mark

Sure. Start with the post in the linked thread. You'll see my response after that.

I can definitely confirm that some scale screws were loose on mine.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...e-had-either-speak-up?p=15524570#post15524570

Also, for warranty/service of the Steelcraft Kwaiken is that all taken care of at the Petaluma, CA location?

Last edited:
Back