• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Books Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Customer Appreciation Deal :

Every 10th knife of a particular service type free.

10th mirror folding/fixed, utility folding/fixed, kitchen, etc.

Opinels are just $5 each when paired with at least one other knife at full price. No limit. Full mirror polished edge.

20160703_110211_zpsgv4nol0o.jpg

Mighty fine edge on a mighty fine knife!

Couple shots of my Dad's 20 year old little Gerber. Despite being part of the Fiskars Era, it's a great little knife. No blade play, smooth pivot and solid lockup. A shame all of Gerber's offerings aren't so good.

20160706_124443_zps7cxrz7sd.jpg

20160706_124356_zpsq0y87uir.jpg

Customer's Grayman Dua. This came in with a very tall and very uneven bevel. Evened the bevel out and gave it my utility edge treatment. Gleaming micro-bevel and hair whittling sharp! An incredible value at $10/ $7.50 per blade.

20160707_204002_zpsbn5tji3l.jpg

20160707_204041_zps1ouy4xpk.jpg

20160707_204143_zpscauwgg8f.jpg

That's one chubby lightsaber. Like a tank!

IMG_20160708_230819_zpsspxvisxv.jpg

Something oddly satisfying about this thing. Back to its owner it goes though.

One of the sharpening giveaway winners. A Three Sisters Forge Beast. I dig the blade shape.

20160710_133803_zpsewclwbtr.jpg

Customer's Grayman Dua. This came in with a very tall and very uneven bevel. Evened the bevel out and gave it my utility edge treatment. Gleaming micro-bevel and hair whittling sharp! An incredible value at $10/ $7.50 per blade.

20160707_204002_zpsbn5tji3l.jpg

20160707_204041_zps1ouy4xpk.jpg

20160707_204143_zpscauwgg8f.jpg
Wow nice nice

got my knives today very happy thanks agian you have a life long customer for sure

got my knives today very happy thanks agian you have a life long customer for sure

Hey, glad to hear they made it home safe. I'm happy to do anything and everything you've got.

Like maybe a Leatherman Micra!

20160711_203513_zpsswjljiey.jpg

Mora Special!!!!!

Just $5 each when paired with any other knife sharpened at regular price. Fully polished micro-bevel.

20160712_144438_zpswb9tszgm.jpg

20160712_144333_zpskj1efyly.jpg

That's a white vinegar patina done using a saturated, textured paper towel. I'm happy to do the same to any carbon blade, but the finish isn't always consistent.

These two turned out great:

20160717_141844_zpsytacc45m.jpg

20160717_142235_zpsqrsoqd8r.jpg

These belong to a lucky forum member who won part of my giveaway. Trying to convince my wife that I NEED a 940-1. So far it's not working.

Bryce did an outstanding job on my knives! I will not hesitate to use him in the future. Thank you!

The Eyes have it, Bryce put a very nice edge on my Manly Comrade which arrived back today, kind of hard to separate edge from money but you should be able to make out just how mirrored these edges are;

Comrade_sharp.jpg~original

Comrade_edge.jpg~original

Comrade_eye.jpg~original

Thanks again Bryce,
G2

The Eyes have it, Bryce put a very nice edge on my Manly Comrade which arrived back today, kind of hard to separate edge from money but you should be able to make out just how mirrored these edges are;

Comrade_sharp.jpg~original

Comrade_edge.jpg~original

Comrade_eye.jpg~original

Thanks again Bryce,
G2

Wow, I really need a better camera.

Thanks for letting me check out that knife. I really enjoyed it. Thanks also for the top notch photo contribution.

Bryce
T.L.E. Sharpening

Just got my knives back from Bryce. That's me in post #14!
Some more pics - mine are horrible, and I appreciate some of the beautiful pics all the more. That said, the edges are very well done. Even bevels, slicier edge angle (thanks!), and good mirror polish. There is one small area where I can see the factory grind, but it would have taken off a lot of steel to get that mark out - something I would not want prematurely.

The spyderco was factory sharpened. I thought it was decent. Bryce measured one side at 18 degrees, the other side at 24. Now both are perfect. And what might look like a wire edge in the photo is a smudge since I couldn't resist opening packages with it before I got around to taking pics.

While I never considered professional sharpening before - I am now convinced that it is worth every penny! Figuring out what the next batch of knives to go to Bryce will be...

Very nice job! Thanks.

EWEsIbU.jpg

lTDMXVB.jpg

JWt30cu.jpg

hEBYmkQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back