The M-18 (official)

I like the look of the bolt-on scales a lot!
congrats on getting the new evolution in motion!

unless you're the gunyon - then you tightly wrap the handle with 4-point barbed wire.

46fa580ff6a0d52a6cff87c3f7cf7de8.jpg

87cb0e3fa4252195a07cb3d29afa2a89.jpg

of course!
#4 is now a collectors item, so you need a replacement -- and one of the new style M9's!

So is it time to retire #4 and buy a new one? :confused:

Your just about to miss your opprotunity of buying #104 :p

of course!
#4 is now a collectors item, so you need a replacement -- and one of the new style M9's!

I really wasn't gonna say anything about the redesigned M9s I got coming out before I had a few to sell, but oh well, guess this is as,good of time as any. I will have the first "redesigned" M9 at this upcoming gathering for everyone to beat on. But they won't be available for purchase for at least another couple months.

I forgot to post these here. They were on my other social media, so if you're seeing them twice that's awesome for you, and you're welcome.
85a0b0f86e867fa425acfd3f7a92e528.jpg
9b3251c87702b0cb191863a4d23903df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1066vik let me borrow his M-18. Took it to the cabin with me to try out. Was cloudy Saturday, which is crappy for photos, so I was going to wait for Sunday. Unfortunately, I had a massive hangover Sunday, so While I didn't feel up to using it, I did take some photos:

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

This next series are very similar. Couldn't decide which one I like best:

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

Nice having a handle that fit my hand perfectly:

15.png

16.png

A little dinner prep.
7e2738964cf22365373e7b95c1405123.jpg
0015195205889250b54cf5ce7fbc3e6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Trying to narrow down order options, do the new removable scale M18s accept Becker pattern scales?.... could I put any Becker full size aftermarket scales on it? or are they strictly a custom size now?

I REALLY want one with those gorgeous stripped maple handles, but my biggest fear is on a hard use knife, I damage one and it becomes a production to get the knife usable again, the removable scales seem the perfect answer for this IF they can be readily sourced, however if they are a true full custom size, they'll be no easier to replace than a pinned maple handle in the one in a million event of catastrophic damage to a scale.

ya kinda follow my line of thinking?..... I guess ultimately, the perfect combo would be removable scales made of the curly maple....especially if you could drop back to some TKC G10 or Becker Micarta if forced into it.....

Thanks guys!

Hawg

Last edited:
Trying to narrow down order options, do the new removable scale M18s accept Becker pattern scales?.... could I put any Becker full size aftermarket scales on it? or are they strictly a custom size now?

I REALLY want one with those gorgeous stripped maple handles, but my biggest fear is on a hard use knife, I damage one and it becomes a production to get the knife usable again, the removable scales seem the perfect answer for this IF they can be readily sourced, however if they are a true full custom size, they'll be no easier to replace than a pinned maple handle in the one in a million event of catastrophic damage to a scale.

ya kinda follow my line of thinking?..... I guess ultimately, the perfect combo would be removable scales made of the curly maple....especially if you could drop back to some TKC G10 or Becker Micarta if forced into it.....

Thanks guys!

Hawg

Been a while since talking to you, hawg. I can answer this being I've got some extensive experience with said knife in question. Mine is a custom model with curly maple scales. I've put it through a ton and a half of abuse. The only time I've given the scales any damage was when I threw it. My suggestion is to get the best of both worlds if you want the beauty of wood handles. Get a custom with whatever wood you want, but get the front and back bolstered with either g10, or micarta. It will make for a great look, and take all the abuse you can throw at it (see what I did there). Oh, and to answer the question of Becker scales fitting on... no, they will not. Even with Todd's bolt ons he'd have to have your blade to finish them onto the handle. Either way you go you're not going to ruin the scales. Buy one. You'll love it. Watch my video.

Back