The Model #1's

Those are some really knice shapes. The clip and drop points look fantastic but the Wharncliffe looks like a freaking workhorse.

Thanks Mack, agreed on the wharncliffe I really think it's gonna be the sleeper of the group. I'm off to the post office to pick up a box from Greenberg Woods:thumbsup:

Ive been working on our "S" guards for the Bowies this afternoon so far, so good.

Oooh, I like that.

ihsfoYO.gif

Last edited:
Ha, that gif is disturbing and hilarious at the same time.

My plan was bronze on these, but I'm almost thinking Nickel Silver now. We'll mock up both and see what they'll look like.

The gif is Slow Donnie from the TV show Just Shoot Me. Check it out on youtube but be careful. You'll find yourself quoting him at the most inappropriate times.

Spoiler alert: How the episode ends.

John, I'mma step up for that orphan DP V1.0.0, provided it comes handled in something other than stacked leather or wood...

Maybe somting(sic) in blue...

John, I'mma step up for that orphan DP V1.0.0, provided it comes handled in something other than stacked leather or wood...

Maybe somting(sic) in blue...
Available in any handle material you want, as long as it's stacked leather:D
I'm gonna keep these #1's leather stacked. Are we talking about one with a solid handle material? My goal for these is to only have the options of a right or left hand sheath. If they work out well, the plan is to run small batches, and offer custom orders with handle variations. I do have a plan, and when the Bowie's are done I'll lay all the details better.

John, how the #1's coming along?

Missed this post earlier, sorry about that Scott.

The blades are ground, the amboyna burl and the leather stacks are ready for the handles. I picked up a Jewelers saw for cutting the guards and end plates, it's no minimill, but it works amazingly well (if anyone has any questions about Jewelers saws, let me know. They are a fascinating little creature that I can see becoming insanely handy)

I'll have some good shop time the last half of this week, I'll be finishing the sheaths for the Bowie's and doing HT on the #1's. Thermal cycles were done after profiling, but pre grind (heats to 1650, 1550, 1450, 1350), Next they'll get a couple of hours at around 1200 degrees, and them ramped up for the quench in Parks 50, followed up with two temper cycles. That way the moment the Bowie sheaths are done I can get to fitting guards and end plates. No worries, these are definitely happening and I think will be epic little buggers.

Sounds good my friend just checking in, I actually forgot about them, damn getting old sucks. :p

The #1C looks great and just so happens I like stacked leather. Perfect.

Thanks for stopping by M. I'll get you in on the next run if this model suits you.

When I finish stitching the sheath for the leather stack Bowie I'll be getting these going. The cooler weather means more shop time, I love me some winter.

Thanks Ted, the Bowie's took a lot of my focus lately, I'm looking forward to this run.

Back