The NEXT SALE

One currently disappointing issue with the new format as opposed to the older one is as follows: in the Exchanges you no longer seem to be able to see someone's (the sellers') number of feedback and % rating immediately and will have to resort to clicking onto their moniker to review their feedback rating.

One currently disappointing issue with the new format as opposed to the older one is as follows: in the Exchanges you no longer seem to be able to see someone's (the sellers') number of feedback and % rating immediately and will have to resort to clicking onto their moniker to review their feedback rating.

Have you ever read through the ratings of a seller and decided not to do business with them?

I noted in PMs the number of ratings is shown under the avatar pic.

I found it helpful to see usernames in the subforum and in the thread, but haven't found that feature or a way to access it if it exists. Maybe a sticky should be created for "helpful hints" or something, so as not to clog up this sale thread. I think there are going to be lots of discoveries of new things and answers to questions others have found.

Have you ever read through the ratings of a seller and decided not to do business with them?

Let's face it, we've got a new toy to play with, may take time to find the shortcuts. So far, I am hitting more keys, not less, so I understand where Mat is coming from about liking the feedback on the same page. And I recall one feedback that caused me to check the seller and insodoing, decided not to transact with him. But the main issue for me is having to go more places than one or two to gather the picture you're looking for.

But my pm storage just went from 300 to 500, so I am not gonna complain, lol.

Notice the tiny arrow on the entry line at the very bottom of the page to the far right. I think it will become useful, "open quick navigation" when you put your cursor over it

Throughout all my transactions carried out in the past, the ratings have not really stopped me from consummating a transaction because everyone I had bought from had impeccable rating(s). That said, I will not do business with someone who I come across on various forums whose attitude portrays cockiness, self-entitlement, obtuseness and one of being obfuscation! However, I do definitely look up feedback because there are certain standards which I do expect from buyers and sellers. Let me tell you that principle has served me well on the Big Auction Site.

Notice the tiny arrow on the entry line at the very bottom of the page to the far right. I think it will become useful, "open quick navigation" when you put your cursor over it

Great find and tip.

OTOH, we seem to have lost the thumb up/down and the "wanker" emojis, among some others! Not necessarily a bad thing to deal with less emojis though.

Hey the forums are back up! Yay!

where the hell is my "thumb up" emoji? #sad

A suggestion for answers = go to "Forums" in the headliner, then pick Tech Support, and there is a new thread "important information" where everyone is reporting their problems, and many are ones that answered questions I have had. It's a great resource.

Let's face it, we've got a new toy to play with, may take time to find the shortcuts. So far, I am hitting more keys, not less, so I understand where Mat is coming from about liking the feedback on the same page. And I recall one feedback that caused me to check the seller and insodoing, decided not to transact with him. But the main issue for me is having to go more places than one or two to gather the picture you're looking for.

But my pm storage just went from 300 to 500, so I am not gonna complain, lol.

I have noticed that as a Gold Member (not the Austin Power movie) the total number of PMs has gone down to 50 and IIRC this used to be 100, which if the case it would SUCK! The Platinum I checked is currently at 200 but I don't recall what this number used to be in the older format.

Apologies for hijacking Nathan;s Next Sale thread to report likes / dislikes so far but we all seem to be birds of the same feather on this one.

I have noticed that as a Gold Member (not the Austin Power movie) the total number of PMs has gone down to 50 and IIRC this used to be 100, which if the case it would SUCK! The Platinum I checked is currently at 200 but I don't recall what this number used to be in the older format.

Apologies for hijacking Nathan;s Next Sale thread to report likes / dislikes so far but we all seem to be birds of the same feather on this one.

Platinum used to be 300, now its 500. There is an explanation about how you work this out so you get your proper number in tech section. The total is a combo of what you have in posts plus the amount you have as available, but you need to clear out some of the posts or something. hope this helps

Platinum used to be 300, now its 500. There is an explanation about how you work this out so you get your proper number in tech section. The total is a combo of what you have in posts plus the amount you have as available, but you need to clear out some of the posts or something. hope this helps

OK, I went to the tech forums and found this:

" Private messaging has now become "Conversations" - private messages from before the move are still separated out as individual replies, but from today forward if you message someone, it will be a threaded conversation. PM quotas have been increased vastly as a result. "

Therefore, I stand corrected as this effectually is an increase all around for Basic, Gold and Platinum, Makers & Platinum PG. Only thing vis a vis older PMs is that I can not find the ones I had sent in response!

OK, I went to the tech forums and found this:

" Private messaging has now become "Conversations" - private messages from before the move are still separated out as individual replies, but from today forward if you message someone, it will be a threaded conversation. PM quotas have been increased vastly as a result. "

Therefore, I stand corrected as this effectually is an increase all around for Basic, Gold and Platinum, Makers & Platinum PG. Only thing vis a vis older PMs is that I can not find the ones I had sent in response!
I just checked my old system pm's and found the "reply" to my "sent" to be immediately above, but not attached

The last 20 Delta 3V 3" EDC Friday April 28th, out on the main sale forum here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/754-For-Sale-Fixed-Blades

These will be the last of the 3" D3V EDC for a while. I'm not necessarily retiring the pattern, but we're going to shift gears and work on other stuff now.

Sales are at 3:00 EST

^ Jo and I hope to see you there.

We were going to try and do Light Choppers for this up coming sale but they're very time consuming and aren't going to be ready for sale until we fill the pre-orders. So, this is a chance for folks to get a 3" EDC in 3V.

Jo, Mark and I thank you all for your support.

Back