The Next THK GAW -June 2016

james terrio

Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket
A few weeks back I attended the Spring 2016 Beckerhead Gathering at Ethan Becker's place. Along with a boatload of great memories, fascinating stories, new friends and terrible jokes, I walked away with a Ka-Bar PotBelly knife, designed by a fellow named Steve Johnson. Here's what it looks like out-of-the-box:

ka-bar-johnson-adventure-potbelly-knife-[2]-3065-p.jpg

Now obviously it doesn't look quite like that anymore, because I simply cannot lay my hands on anything without modifying it to some degree.

It has been fully Terrio-fied. It is now either an even better knife, or a thick-headed direct insult to the original designer... regardless, pics of the final monstrosity will be presented here at some future date, as interest demands.

I like this thing quite a bit! I would not feel under-knifed carrying it almost anywhere.

But frankly, I already have plenty knives, and it only seems fair that I give it away to someone. Especially since it came into my hands by the generosity of Ethan Becker and Ka-Bar Knives. So I think a little contest is in order, and I'm asking you all for ideas for a theme for this give-away.

Naturally, pics, true stories, and tall tales are encouraged. ;)

:thumbup: I'd love to see the changes you've made.

As for a giveaway idea, I'm stumped. Maybe a "let's see your customized knives" thread? Maybe a throw back to grade school with a "What did you do on your summer vacation?" thread?

:thumbup: I'd love to see the changes you've made.

You will. Eventually. The knife I modded isn't really the point...

You could just give it to the first person to post in your thread.

That's a GREAT idea... wait... whut? :grumpy:

I was thinking more along the lines of something someone has done to help someone else out with knifey objects or teaching them knife-type skills... or vice versa.

well, drat.
where do I find pics of me helping youngsters forge out knife like objects.......
I am amused that post #2 suggests giving the knife to poster #1 -- who is trying to give the knife away. ;)

You could send it to me, and if I don't like it after 30 days you can buy it for full price. :D

I have an idea,have a pass around with the same knife and how used, then everyone gets a chance to play with it, and those who participated can have their names put into the drawing and the winner drawn from a random number. Then the knife can have a spa treatment before being sent to the winner.

Passarounds are fun, but they tend to take approximately a billion years. :/

I have something a bit simpler (and quicker) up my sleeve. ;)

Back