The Old Rugged Victorinox Cross..... Pioneer content, grails and such.... Red Gold...

So happy this one got here!
I have had it in pocket for about a week and couldn't be happier with it! It's such a gorgeous knife. I can't stop pulling it out and messing with it.
…
Gabe

W:eek:W, Gabe, that's magnificent!! :thumbup::thumbup:
Is that the one your wife was able to score for you through her fabled South African connections?
Beautiful! :cool::cool:

- GT

W:eek:W, Gabe, that's magnificent!! :thumbup::thumbup:
Is that the one your wife was able to score for you through her fabled South African connections?
Beautiful! :cool::cool:

- GT

She found this one yes. Although it was not through a connection. It was paying a lot for something I would love. I however am working on that fabled connection. :)

Gabe

I drool over all of them.... :)

Especially ...red.

Pioneer%20Sunday_zpsphs9iwtj.jpg

Pioneer%20sun%20green_zpskria9omb.jpg

Nice "Old Faithfuls", it appears! :thumbup::thumbup:

So happy this one got here!

I have had it in pocket for about a week and couldn't be happier with it! It's such a gorgeous knife. I can't stop pulling it out and messing with it.
…
Gabe

She found this one yes. Although it was not through a connection. It was paying a lot for something I would love. I however am working on that fabled connection. :)
Gabe

Kudos to your wife, Gabe; she did GREAT! :thumbup::p:thumbup:
I think I'm getting a serious case of spring fever; your knives in the photo remind me of sunshine and green grass! :D

- GT

Nice to see this thread resurrected......and it's even more of a treat to see that ever illusive emerald green pioneer. Excellent!!!

Nice to see this thread resurrected......and it's even more of a treat to see that ever illusive emerald green pioneer. Excellent!!!

I'll bet we can guess what knife Gabe will carry on St. Patrick's Day.

- GT

What a great knife, the pioneer. Underrated I think. Very solid and packs the most useful tools in compact frame. I'm not a huge fan of SAK knives, but I am a fan of the pioneer. I haven't been able to justify the cost to get a Soldier or older Pioneer. The current ones are just too good.

SAK_Pioneer.jpg

There are some Really great looking knives in this thread, but I have yet to see The One I am looking for in the wild.
A Wenger Professional 4 layer with awl and the Sacking Needle/Marlin Spike...

Has anyone in here Seen One, let alone had their hands on one?

I am trying to figure how hard is going to be to come by one of these, or if I should relax on actively searching and just be stunned if I come across one.

Last edited:
This thread needed a bump. I was able to get out and do some fishing today. No luck, but it was nice just to be out by the water and feel the breeze on my face. I had my Pioneer today and used the awl to open up an eyelet on a painted jig head.

This thread needed a bump. I was able to get out and do some fishing today. No luck, but it was nice just to be out by the water and feel the breeze on my face. I had my Pioneer today and used the awl to open up an eyelet on a painted jig head.

I envy you. I've only been out once this year and also had no luck.
Carried this today.
oVwVli1.jpg

Looks like the post could use a bump.

I've been searching for the right Alox for awhile now and was settled on the Bushcrafter or Wilderness but yesterday while at a huge city wide rummage sale found a new in box condition Old Cross Farmer for $25!

What a find.

cec49ab1e820959a3cc93acd0aa0e06a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
troutdreamer, that's an impressive, attention-grabbing first post!! :eek::thumbup:
Congrats on an awesome deal on that fantastic old cross Farmer!!:thumbup::cool::cool:
Enjoy that iconic knife!!

- GT

+1!!!!!! That farmer is pristine nice grab! Good to see this thread resurface.
The usual suspect in my pocket again.

Looks like the post could use a bump.

I've been searching for the right Alox for awhile now and was settled on the Bushcrafter or Wilderness but I yesterday while at a huge city wide rummage sale found a new in box condition Old Cross Farmer for $25!

What a find.

Nice find!

troutdreamer, that's an impressive, attention-grabbing first post!! :eek::thumbup:
Congrats on an awesome deal on that fantastic old cross Farmer!!:thumbup::cool::cool:
Enjoy that iconic knife!!

- GT

Thanks! I've been a lurker for some time. Enjoying viewing and learning about so many different knives.

Glad to see this thread resurrected! Great score Trout!

I'll add to the bump...

Old%20Cross%20Blanket_zpsmnnpgjb2.jpg

ElinoxDuo2adj_zpsni5fveql.jpg

January%20Farmer2_zpsm0jtgyk1.jpg

And howdy to The Porch! :thumbup:

Back