Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

15187287796_55f5f9b25e.jpg

Worldwood, what is that big chopper?!?

I really like it. I'd love to have one like that. I do have two of the HRLM canvas handled versions. I hear that the originals feel quite a bit different than the Little Mischief versions. I'd like to hold one to find out. 'Course, where I'm at I guess I have to stalk the exchange and catch one to buy to find out!
Oh well, it's nice to have BF when one can't sleep. At least I can look.

The resiprene version does feel quite a bit different, but they are both great knives. I'm extremely fond of the resiprene for its light weight. It makes the howling rat feel like nothing. Good luck in your search! Also, keep an eye to the boards for someone in your neck of the woods that might have one that you can handle. :thumbup:

That my friend is the Dynamic Duo! Who could ask for anything more? Your ready for anything. You've shown them the love they need and vice versa. PERFECTO!
What kind of sheathing do they have?

I picked up a sheath from Mashed Cat for the Basic 8. The Howler has a sheath I made, but I've been considering sending this to Eric as well. Here's a pick of what I did for the Basic...

B8HR003.jpg

B8Sheath001.jpg

I too have a gen 1 HR and the basic 8. Awesome combo for sure!

This killer combo has been a long time in the making. :cool:

The resiprene version does feel quite a bit different, but they are both great knives. I'm extremely fond of the resiprene for its light weight. It makes the howling rat feel like nothing. Good luck in your search! Also, keep an eye to the boards for someone in your neck of the woods that might have one that you can handle. :thumbup:

I picked up a sheath from Mashed Cat for the Basic 8. The Howler has a sheath I made, but I've been considering sending this to Eric as well. Here's a pick of what I did for the Basic...

B8HR003.jpg

B8Sheath001.jpg

This killer combo has been a long time in the making. :cool:

You've taken things to the next level and beyond that! What else could a man want?

And Mumbojumboo...I envy you also!

I posted BATTLE RAT before, but didn't include a pic like I thought I did, so here's "The perfect Swamp Rat knife"...

...to me.:thumbup:

WOW! Stump Buster likes him some bigass blades! Now you need a big little blade - Rodent 3 says I.

Super cool Pics Stump. I'd like to see some more Res C Handles in the future.

WOW! Stump Buster likes him some bigass blades! Now you need a big little blade - Rodent 3 says I.

I've tried most of the smaller rats, but none of them were "just right". The two closest I came to having a favorite small-rat blade were my Harpooned Vex and Safari Skinner, but even they were not exactly what I wanted.

Vex...

Safari Skinner...(3rd one down for the newbies)

Because of my XXL hands, I've have to let a LOT of knives (Kin and Customs) go down the road due to fit.:grumpy:

I'd have loved to have been able to keep and use my INFIcoot, Bandicoot, Swamp Warden, Hairy Carry, etc, but I had to go with the Boss Streets as my small Busse-kin knives...

Aside from the full size Res-C handles, the three best feeling fixed blades I've ever had in my hands are these three...(An AA Forge XXL Bushcrafter Adam made extra long for me, Bill Siegle HardCore and a Custom by Coty Handley that I made a template for and sent to him)...

My KFU Kephart has to get honorable mention too...

Most comfortable folder goes to my Nektarios Potamianos friction folder that he super sized for me (It has just replaced the Tacticool ZT's I have been carrying for the past 7 years)...

Now, All that said... I'd be more than happy to try a Rodent 3 (without the bump...SAR3ish) someday.;) :thumbup:

Interesting. I have pretty big hands as well, and I'm looking for the "right" smaller knife. A lot of the little guys I've seen from the Kin have such a thick blade. I was looking at trying to get a RODENT Solution, but I could not get my hands on one before they vaporized, and I have not seen any on exchange. I was thinking about a Busse Boss Street or a pork shank as well.

The rodent solution had a thick blade as well. If you wanted to stick with the RS handle you could get ahold of the custom shop and have them mod a rodent trail. RT has thinner stock than RS to start with, and it's full flat ground. The trailing point wasn't what I was after, so I have one due in with a drop point on it.

DMD top, RT bottom

eyPNw7y.jpg

Straight spine RT

20141109_080151_zpslrhok3m7.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing that drop point HK!!

I love the RS handle, and i prefer drop points for sure, so that sounds like its slap full of win!!

Hey bud, been missing you on the forums. I know you're crazy busy with things, hope it's all going well.

I was supposed to receive it about a week ago. The wait is killing me (like usual, ha!) I'll get some pics up when it comes in.

Rat tail is an older knife, no? I'll have to refill the coffers a bit and go after one when I can.

Looking forward to seeing that drop point HK!!

I love the RS handle, and i prefer drop points for sure, so that sounds like its slap full of win!!

Hear Hear!!!!

I didn't realize the Rodent Solution/Trail handle was as long as it is... I may have to find a user to see if they fit any better. I also love the look of that DMD!!!:thumbup:

Back