Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Hey bud, been missing you on the forums. I know you're crazy busy with things, hope it's all going well.

I was supposed to receive it about a week ago. The wait is killing me (like usual, ha!) I'll get some pics up when it comes in.

Doing well bud thanks!! Finally finished all my orders of Hex Hawks so im getting a little more time to goof off and get ready for the move in July!

Tell Trissy to get your knife back from Josh, he has probably been fondling it :D

Hear Hear!!!!

I didn't realize the Rodent Solution/Trail handle was as long as it is... I may have to find a user to see if they fit any better. I also love the look of that DMD!!!:thumbup:

Thanks man, I'm definitely taking that as a compliment with all the fine blades you have posted! And yeah, the handle is pretty generous on the RS/RT and very comfortable. Locks in well when flipped over for leg splitting and gutting.

Doing well bud thanks!! Finally finished all my orders of Hex Hawks so im getting a little more time to goof off and get ready for the move in July!

Tell Trissy to get your knife back from Josh, he has probably been fondling it :D

Lol. That might account for the delay, maybe he'll have it broke in for me :D

I posted BATTLE RAT before, but didn't include a pic like I thought I did, so here's "The perfect Swamp Rat knife"...

...to me.:thumbup:

That's probably my next quest - a tan battle rat to finish off my resiprene TANdem. Very cool blades, Stumpy. :thumbup:

This one deserves a mention here....

17599392193_a511e2cb1c_c.jpg

But this one is still THE PERFECT knife.

17427102503_e08e207aa4_c.jpg

I like my 1st Gen howling rat. So much lighter than my bark rivers hanging off my belt. I like my bandicoot a lot too. I'm glad I got mine when they had the ristocetin handles.

I had a battle rat but sold it. I still have my camp tramp though. I like the smaller rats I've mentioned the most though. If I want to chop wood I use a hatchet. The smaller ones can skin, make feather sticks, do food prep, or anything you would want a knife to do.

I took the coating off my howler, it looks pretty cool like that. I like the rustic look of the blade.

The knife that I'll probably have with me most of the time is the Ratmandu. The RMD is stout enough to beat on if I have to and agile enough to allow fine tasking. The venerable Camp Tramp might snag the trophy as the do-it-all blade. As to the perfect one: the answer is different for many of us. I know of more than one hunter that dearly favor the Dogfather as a survival knife...I happily include myself in that bevy of folk that like anything out the Busse lineup. And yes, for those of you interested, my favored Basic 9 is still going strong after all these moons.

As stated a few years back, the addiction continues unabated.

I'd like to see anybody argue that point with you. Size, form, shape, it's got it all, and, best of all, it's from the Swamp.

Thank you sir, I appreciate that! As soon as I get it back from Eric that baby is going to start getting a workout. :)

..... I hear at least one more of these has been ordered by soemone in the bottom hemisphere... ;) ;)

Nice! Trissy made me wait until after Blade to confirm there were more blanks. Methinks she enjoyed messing with my mind a little too much!

I forgave her though after she confirmed my order for another in Tan Canvas :thumbup:

I like my 1st Gen howling rat. So much lighter than my bark rivers hanging off my belt. I like my bandicoot a lot too. I'm glad I got mine when they had the ristocetin handles.

I had a battle rat but sold it. I still have my camp tramp though. I like the smaller rats I've mentioned the most though. If I want to chop wood I use a hatchet. The smaller ones can skin, make feather sticks, do food prep, or anything you would want a knife to do.

I took the coating off my howler, it looks pretty cool like that. I like the rustic look of the blade.

Never could develop any love for the coot for whatever reason, even the Infi coot. I've owned 4 that I'm sure of.

But, I still have the other 3 from 2002. Battle Rat, Camp Tramp and the Howler. Those were the first ones, and apparently, the last. The only others are a HR Lil Mischief in a very nice Dwayne Puckett sheath and my wife's Scrapyard Muk (Her fav kitchen knife). A bunch of Busse's came and went and I still keep reaching for one of those first 3.

My Tramp just turned up and surprised me. Apparently, for some months I've been using the Battle Rat as my garden knife thinking it was the CT. You get used to the larger size so quickly, using it. Of course if I was lugging it around I would have noticed real quick. LOL The CT and the Howler usually see the most use and the BR sits in the safe. But all 3 are missing plenty of coating.:D Yes, the HRLM feels different than the Gen1 Howler.

But, I'd have to agree with gitarmac, the very first Howling Rats are the perfect SRKW knife, with the 1st Camp Tramps a very close second.

Wet

Another vote for the Ratweiler . If I ever get a brake from cleaning snow I'll try and get some action shots .

P1080520_zpstdk4hwu2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back