Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Sweet collection you got there and I see you're showing them some well deserved love. Take care of them and those knives will last you forever. I always loved that hatchet!

Those are actually older pics. They look even "better" now a days. Love these. My most used "set" of knives I have.

Yea, I don't have enough money for safe queens. Mine have to pull their weight. Nice family shot.

Has anyone said "Taliwacker LE"...

Utility fighter that does MANY things well, some things VERY well, and zero things in a sucky fashion.

Taliwacker LE gets my vote. Mostly for the name. Otherwise the stuff mentioned above gives it a shooters chance.

Thanks Mate!
You know you all, the perfect Swamp Rat knife is the one you have on you at any given time. Especially if you're in a, crap hitting the fan situation.
Lots of guys can say the Ratweiler may be the perfect knife for that senerio, but I may disagree. Don't get me wrong....I dearly LOVE my Ratweiler. What knife do you strap on your side when you go hiking? Or fishing? Or bowhunting?
That's prolly the knife you're gonna have on you when in need.
The perfect SR knife? What's your thoughts?

This Rat Shaker has been in my cargo pocket for the last 5-6 years just about every day (funny enough, with my pc out of action, took me forever to find a pic...)

This guy is ALWAYS on me when out in the bush
null_zpsf06fa7d9.jpg

And this is Choppy's sideekick

This guy is ALWAYS on me when out in the bush
null_zpsf06fa7d9.jpg

I didn't think I'd ever manage to land a chopweiler, and now I'm fortunate enough to have two. I'm definitely in love with that model, and would even go so far to say that not only is it a strong contender for the perfect swamp rat, but for perfect camp knife overall.

ETA: Meant to say: Nice choppy elof!!

Last edited:
Thanks bud ^. You've got a great collection of Rats for sure. More love for the chopweiler.....

Elof, you are truly prepared for whatever life throws at you. That Chopweiler looks like the one that got away from me? Is it?
And Hard Knocks, really? One for each hand? Do you call them the twins? Ha!

No, Beater & Biter (Points if you get the reference :D )

I know one would last me forever, but really, who can turn down a choppy that's been reground by Dan Keffler? I bought Worldwood's from earlier in this thread.

Elof, you are truly prepared for whatever life throws at you. That Chopweiler looks like the one that got away from me? Is it?

Considering that when out in the sticks those 3 are the permanent fixtures, and there can be untold quantity of fixed blades & folders along for the ride... I guess you could say that I am prepared.

I got this one locally, I doubt you'd be missing out on this particular one.
There was another one (a twin) I snagged on Exchange quite a while ago (at a bloody bargain price[!!! :D) that I have traded for Desert Jack...
URL=http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/elof_alv/media/DSC04563.jpg.html]
DSC04563.jpg
[/URL]

Back