Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Holey Moley, you take prepared to the ultimate. You zip tie a .45 on one of those and you have ALL the bases covered.

Beater & Biter? You beat the heck out of it and then she bit you?

Beater & Biter? You beat the heck out of it and then she bit you?

Nah, it was an old school Lord of the Rings reference from the books, not the movie. I thought 'Orcrist' and 'Glamdring' sounded too extravagant :)

'Hey HK, your inner nerd is showing' :D

Hey HK, that's pretty cool. I guess my inner hillbilly is showing. 🤤

Never a bad thing! My folks came out to this part of the country from Missouri, so my inner hillbilly slips out once in awhile too :) I am kind of a conundrum :stupid:

No, Beater & Biter (Points if you get the reference :D )

I know one would last me forever, but really, who can turn down a choppy that's been reground by Dan Keffler? I bought Worldwood's from earlier in this thread.

"Nerdy" only because our society asserts that all things LOTR are "nerdy". Tolkien was certainly a nerd, but he also served in the military during WWI, saw action, lost pretty much all of his friends in combat, and basically INVENTED the modern "fantasy" genre. His stuff is classic literature that I wish permeated our whole "western" culture to the level of Homer et al.

And regarding Worldwood's choppy.... yeah, not jealous one bit about that, no sireee. It's not like I bought this RMD because it looked like his choppy, nope not at all :p

ktxuf98

"Nerdy" only because our society asserts that all things LOTR are "nerdy". Tolkien was certainly a nerd, but he also served in the military during WWI, saw action, lost pretty much all of his friends in combat, and basically INVENTED the modern "fantasy" genre. His stuff is classic literature that I wish permeated our whole "western" culture to the level of Homer et al.

And regarding Worldwood's choppy.... yeah, not jealous one bit about that, no sireee. It's not like I bought this RMD because it looked like his choppy, nope not at all :p

ktxuf98

Let's just say that the guy had some good ideas...

Geez Mate, how many Rats do you have? Are you in the Swamp Rat Hall of Fame? Do we have one?

:D

Let's just say that the guy had some good ideas...

Absolutely. Two-tone SR-101 looks pretty dang good :)

I don't remember who started in on dropmandus first, but (for those that don't know) WW was behind the push for the Brotherhood DMDs too. I had one already on order (hadn't asked for the etch yet) when things got ironed out for the Brotherhood blade, so I had the custom shop etch it up for me. It's sage/black g10 and I liked it so well that I ordered this muddy/tan canvas one shortly after. Here's its glamour shot:

My favorite running theme in his LOR series, something which the movies entirely missed the point, was that he created a few characters that were totally and completely incorruptible. It didn't matter if they were in authority and so could have gotten away with something, or if nobody was looking, etc. there were a few characters that did right because it was right. Those characters were my heroes, and I was really disappointed that it didn't seem to be emphasized heavily in the movies.

Last edited:
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

As far as the main thread goes, I'd love to get my hands on a Chopweiler some day, but so far I've gotten the most mileage out of my Jackmandu. The RMD LE is no slouch of course, but Jack has been "King Rat" around here since he arrived.

2i6crv4.jpg

I'm gonna say ratweiler, took me a long time to actually acquire one. Just got this one a few weeks ago, and I can't wait to get to the woods!

33879782786_62dac906d9_b.jpg

You all are trying to educate this high tech redneck.
And Mr. Pimp, you'll never go wrong with a Ratweiler.
Mr. Inky, nice family there.

pn, I think I have a twin to that muddy/tan. Is it a fatty?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

:thumbsup:

As far as the main thread goes, I'd love to get my hands on a Chopweiler some day, but so far I've gotten the most mileage out of my Jackmandu. The RMD LE is no slouch of course, but Jack has been "King Rat" around here since he arrived.

The JMD is one I've been a little regretful not grabbing. I've had my heart set on a choilless bossjack and so have held off. I noticed yours in the Busse forum the other day Nate, it looks great man.

We've gotta have some love for the big guns in here. I chased Mastiffs a long time before getting the stars to align. Awesome bigger Swamprat.

Walkabout leather by elof_alv

Last edited:
I'd rather have slow and good vs the alternative.
Those ARE awesome!
Dude, you have a gift.

The JMD is one I've been a little regretful not grabbing. I've had my heart set on a choilless bossjack and so have held off. I noticed yours in the Busse forum the other day Nate, it looks great man.

Thanks man! Btw there's an unused JMD in the same combo available right now on the Exchange. Been sitting there for a couple of weeks. Wish someone else would buy it so I could stop thinking about snagging it as a backup. ;) :D

That Mastiff and those sheaths are definitely killer. :thumbup:

Funny you mention the BOSS Jack. I ordered a BG one and was super excited about it, but it just didn't feel right in hand to me. Catch and release. Love the look and the full height grind on them though.

-Really cool pic Pimpnugget! Those Ratweilers always tempt me when they pop up on the Exchange.

The Chopweiler is the one knife from any of the Busse shops I still have a desire to own. I just cant shake the need to try it out.

It was the same for me Patrick. I always wondered if its reputation was deserved. For me, the answer is a definite yes.

If I could tweak one a little bit, the only changes I'd have Jerry make is to give it a rounded spine like a NMFSH, and contour the grips like the new Ratweilers. I'd be so hot for one in that configuration :cool:

Slow slucker though! ;)

Lol. I was going to go with 'thorough' :)

Thanks man! Btw there's an unused JMD in the same combo available right now on the Exchange. Been sitting there for a couple of weeks. Wish someone else would buy it so I could stop thinking about snagging it as a backup. ;) :D

That Mastiff and those sheaths are definitely killer. :thumbup:

Funny you mention the BOSS Jack. I ordered a BG one and was super excited about it, but it just didn't feel right in hand to me. Catch and release. Love the look and the full height grind on them though.

Thank you for that!! That may save me some heartache. I pretty much know that the JMD handle is going to work, and that was one of the big questions on the boss jack.

I have both JMD and the BGBJ and the JMD handle is much better. But I like the BJ just as much. Really like the no choil

Back