Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

I just got my hands on my SOS the other day and must say that it would make for a really nice edc.
Yes, it has Busse written on it, but we all know pedigree of that blade

Congrats! It's still one of my favorites, awesome blade, size is great.

INFI RATWEILER! It would outsell EVERY Busse knife. Bring-it-on....

Coming up on 3 years ago I started this dream! September 7, 2014 --- THE PERFECT SWAMP RAT KNIFE!!!
....and now, I have one being made for me! Who said, dreams can't come true?
However, what cost do you place on your dreams? INFI Ratweiler? Priceless......

Last edited:
I'd like to see an INFI M9

Y4tylfy.jpg

Last edited:
and soooooo purdy!

I just wonder, of those that got the Infi Ratweiler, how many are going to strip them? Maybe do that etch thing on the logo then off to the stripper.
How about it? To Strip or not to Strip? That is the question???

Couldn't you wait with 'saying it out loud' at least 2-3 months?
INFI Weiler, INFI DS...
...... look you really can't complain. I did after all find a buyer for that last kidney you wanted to put up !! Given the beating that poor organ has had do you know how hard it was ? Luckily I found that old Chinese guy on the dark web who has abused his beyond reasonable repair and was willing to pony up for a new one urgently. Now go down to the servo near your place, get enough ice to 1/2 fill your tub and I will be over with an ASH and esky to collect. I am just waiting for his payment to clear !!!

I think I'll start looking for someone needing only slightly used brain... the girl at the office will do without it...

and soooooo purdy!

I just wonder, of those that got the Infi Ratweiler, how many are going to strip them? Maybe do that etch thing on the logo then off to the stripper.
How about it? To Strip or not to Strip? That is the question???

Got to strip this one straight away. Well, I might etch it first. :D

Make an M9 in INFI and I would not be able to resist !!

That would definitely open my wallet. Again.

I think I'll start looking for someone needing only slightly used brain... the girl at the office will do without it...
..... you want me to test the market on this for you ? Do you need your entire liver ? What about testicles ?? You do have TWO after all....some redundancy there !!!

Got to strip this one straight away. Well, I might etch it first. :D

That would definitely open my wallet. Again.

Dave - I might have to go to etching school. I'd hate to have to practice etching on one of my top 5 knives of all times.

The last blade I etched, I did it with salt water solution, Q-tips, and a battery charger. While it worked, it still didn't come out quite as deep as I would have liked. So I'll probably be in class with you Tim. Also, I wonder if INFI etches different from SR101.

It does.
At least as far as ferric chloride goes. (in my limited experience)
But then, there's INFI and INFI... over the years the formula varied some, which would affect how the steel reacts to acid/electro etch.

It does.
At least as far as ferric chloride goes. (in my limited experience)
But then, there's INFI and INFI... over the years the formula varied some, which would affect how the steel reacts to acid/electro etch.

Thanks elof. I suspected it might. Now to find out if a change in procedure is needed.

Thanks Dave. Do you think Professor Chiral might know?

You know I can't remember seeing where chiral has written about doing this. And most of what I've read on electro-etching has been in this forum, so since we're talking about INFI for the new Ratweiler, we may need to hit up the Hogs over in Busse proper.

Back