The REAL EDC Picture thread

halden.doerge

I'll Sharpen Your Knife
Gold Member
Alrighty folks, we talk about our "everyday" carry all the time, but reality around here is that almost everything we're talking about cycles in and out. We rotate through knives, flashlights, handkerchiefs, weird brass-knuckly bottle openers, spinny things, and whatnot all else. We call these our EDC, but they aren't. They change almost everyday, at least for many of us.

So here's what I want to see here: What is your real EDC? That is, what are the items that actually go in your pocked every single day. Not the stuff that rotates and changes. The stuff that stays the same, day after day. I'll get us started:

U6Se1cn.jpg

For my wallet I carry the minimalist wallet by Three Finger Design (they're great, check him out on IG). For my keychain a simple carabiner for my keys, one house key, the Vox titanium prybar, and the alox SAK Classic. I also always carry two 3"x5" notebooks in my leater Word Notebooks case, a Word Notebook for recording things about every given day, and a Field Notes for making lists, writing down random other stuff. A Jot Pro stylus comes along every day as well because I work off of an iPad most of the time for my job.

Knife, flashlight, pen, other keys, and handkerchief come with me every day, but they always change.

What about you? What is your real EDC?

Last edited:
Minus my phone and my hat ( US Army cap, camouflage pattern, class 1 worn everyday since I was 12 )
These are my constant edc items. I change knives for the week then weekend, and I swap between 3 watches.

This thread will probably get moved to gadgets and gear, so look there if you can't find it anymore.

This thread will probably get moved to gadgets and gear, so look there if you can't find it anymore.

We'll see. Personally, I hope to see some knives pop up in here. I always love seeing the knives that actually get carried every single day by folks.

image.jpg

Pretty boring, eh? I'll add that a vintage Gerber 450 (like pictured on the phone) stays in my work uniform 24/7/365. Outside of working hours, my blade rotates.

We'll see. Personally, I hope to see some knives pop up in here. I always love seeing the knives that actually get carried every single day by folks.
That would certainly keep this thread in the gkd.
BTW there is a knife in my picture, it's just tiny.

Everyday pocket dump:
Snot rag, cheap nylon wallet, chap stick, Alox Cadet & Bic lighter. Keys are on a mini carabiner hung on a belt loop, so not part of the official pocket dump.View attachment 745740

As I expected, alot of small SAKs. I edc a white small SAK with little knife, nail file and scissors. I think the aluminum SAKs are sexy but I love those tweezers and toothpick too much.

Minus my phone and my hat ( US Army cap, camouflage pattern, class 1 worn everyday since I was 12 )
These are my constant edc items. I change knives for the week then weekend, and I swap between 3 watches.

Show the hat!!!

What type of wallet, grip and light is that?

No idea on the wallet. I've owned it for about 15 years or so and don't think it ever had a tag of any kind on it. It used to have a picture of a sweet big rig with "keep on trucking" on the trailer, but aside from that, no idea.

Light is a foursevens.

Not sure what you mean by grip.

Back