The Shaman's Blade

just felt like making something a bit different.
QvuXUeT.jpg
7Ocf9fL.jpg

Wow David, that is certainly different but cool! What's the steel?

Wow David, that is certainly different but cool! What's the steel?
Oh yeah. It's 1084 hardened to Rc 60. The handle is Elk antler dyed with dark brown oil leather dye. The blade is about 6.5" or so. I figured whoever bought it might well be a hunter and would want to skin his deer with it, so I designed accordingly. This blade is screamingly sharp.

That is just beyond cool. There is no way in this world that my mind would have come up with the idea to make that let alone actually making it.
Well done, Chief.

Awsome, David! I always wanted to do a knapped type blade, yours is a great example!

That is wild, flint knapped forged steel. Really cool piece David:thumbup:

That is just beyond cool. There is no way in this world that my mind would have come up with the idea to make that let alone actually making it.
Well done, Chief.
Thanks, Mack. I just did it as a lark, something to entertain myself. I was quite surprised at how functional it turned out. It can chop wood, rips through boxes and stuff with ease. This will look ultra cool in some guy's mancave.

Awsome, David! I always wanted to do a knapped type blade, yours is a great example!
Thanks, Mitch. Appreciate it. It's tough on the hands, Mitch. I got trigger finger from prolonged use of the angle grinder, so be careful when you make yours.

Oh yeah. It's 1084 hardened to Rc 60. The handle is Elk antler dyed with dark brown oil leather dye. The blade is about 6.5" or so. I figured whoever bought it might well be a hunter and would want to skin his deer with it, so I designed accordingly. This blade is screamingly sharp.

Freaking cool David and somewhat scary if you're on the wrong end of it.

Freaking cool David and somewhat scary if you're on the wrong end of it.
If it doesn't sell I may do a passaround with it. Too bad it's past hunting season, I'd love to have someone post pictures of it skinning a deer.

Hunting season is right around the corner. Until then, promote it. Hell of a nice job, btw! So very cool what you did with the blade!

Back