Off Topic The Snark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
too much kale

Kale is great cooked in coconut oil. Slides right out of the pan and into the garbage.

Hit a little 25' bluff near my house to try out some gear, including the rope--8mm Imlay Canyon Fire. The other new pieces were an SMC micro rack...

IMG_7396.JPG

...a Petzl Pirana...

IMG_7412.JPG

...and an SMC Flex Pad.

IMG_7409.JPG

Congrats on the return of the Spanto, Johnny. That would be tough to lose.

I tried to share in your joy with a Lucky 13 of my own, but somebody drank it all. Wife saw some at the store yesterday, but didn't bother to pick any up.
Having a Rocket Red instead. Bitter hops are a bit more prominent, but lots of great rich malt in there.

Camping this weekend. Used the 16 for a little bit of site cleanup, and 15 for food prep. I still don't get why people have a hang-up about knives being"too sharp" like that's somehow detrimental to their primary function.

Enjoyed some great wings and amazing bacon, and made some decent breakfast burritos. No beers at the site, and I ran out of whiskey. Had my first half decent G&T, but camp mates weren't sharing the cider. They had a bottle of white wine they were never going to drink. It paired well with the chicken, and peach cobbler. ( I brought a nice local red, but nobody was interested in opening it. I really hope they enjoyed it with the bottom sirloin.)

Had to leave before blackened tri tip and dutch-oven scalloped potatoes were ready.
Big day for the girls' dance troupe.

Reality bites.
At least I'm back in the woods on the 4th. I'll be sure to stock up on the 13 and bourbon!

zJzRwrc.jpg

bel7E4c.jpg

The little man and I went on our annual Father & Son trip this last weekend. Activities included crabbing, clamming, fishing, spelunking, and various beach shenanigans. It was a tremendously good time. Here he is holding what I thought to be our prize catch. One of the biggest Red Rocks I have ever seen, he was rather tasty.

Note the Becker content ;)

lK8evNm.jpg

Got home from work earlier, and the wife had Italian beef in the slow cooker. Damn, that woman can cook.

Good God Paddy!
That's the biggest Red Rock I've ever seen too. Usually they're smallish and too much work. That's a nice one!
Sounds like a great time was had with your little guy.

Good God Paddy!
That's the biggest Red Rock I've ever seen too. Usually they're smallish and too much work. That's a nice one!
Sounds like a great time was had with your little guy.

Usually the claws on these guys are the only thing worth eating, but this guy was big enough to enjoy the whole package. Good sweet meat.

I was pretty proud of the little man, he had never been crabbing before so I thought he would be a bit squeamish. I was quite wrong, as soon as he saw the trick to holding a crab so that you don't get pinched, he couldn't wait to get his hands on them and measure away. Great time indeed.

I'm thinking about purchasing another niner in the near future, to mod. Have had a mod planned for a few years now, haha. Only thing is, it seems like when I mod a blade, I consider it more art, than functional, haha. :rolleyes: I tend to not use them once I mod them. A sacrilege I know...

I've just never had the balls to reshape a blade profile on my own. I have some ideas too, but they never come to fruition, due to the thought of "what if I slip and mess up"? I just need to jump in and carry out some of these ideas. Hell, you learn best from your own personal mistakes anyhow! Maybe I need to invest in some knife making tools and make my own!

I've just never had the balls to reshape a blade profile on my own. I have some ideas too, but they never come to fruition, due to the thought of "what if I slip and mess up"? I just need to jump in and carry out some of these ideas. Hell, you learn best from your own personal mistakes anyhow!
Being able to utilize the GIMP program, to put your ideas on paper, so to speak, sure does help. I could always print out the design, cut it out, then lay it on the blade for a template. I can actually draw freehand as well, which doesn't hurt anything. Just mark it out, go slow on the sander/grinder, and keep dipping it in water to keep her cool.

Exactly, on learning from your mistakes. Besides, you're rich, and have a million blades to work with, haha. :D

Blades come and go for me, there are certain ones that make their way permanently in the rotation, but they are far and few in between. Most get sold or traded off to try out more knives! I'm thinking of selling a few to try out a Carothers soon...

The trick is to draw your mod and convince GSOM to do it! ;)

The trick is to draw your mod and convince GSOM to do it! ;)
GSOM? Who's that? In all honesty, where the hell has he been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back