The Survive! Never Say Die! Chat Thread

My puny brain saw a 'B' word and replaced Brass with Bronze. Heavy edit to save myself from the utter stupidity displayed.
LMAO.

Last edited:
Brass is a metal for ornaments and display pcs. It is not possible to harden it to a point where it could be used as a tool metal. It is used in some frame pcs in firearms, but under no stress load.

Thanks, dudes! I didn't think brass really had any business being formed into a blade, but I wanted ask people who know more than I do before making a wrong assumption.

Awhile back I was scrolling through Facebook and an ad popped up for a set of edc stuff. I followed the link to see if the items were of brands that I was familiar with.

The description of the knife made me shake my head like I've never shaken my head before. A brass knife designed only for use with cheese and pastries is advertised as part of and every day carry set up? This amazing blade was being sold for just under $300.

Fesswavy Brazen Cheese Knife (Custom)
For the Cheese Connoisseur
Good cheese is one of life’s simple pleasures. As with all things gear and EDC, cutting cheese with the right knife is not only a matter of style. Most importantly, using the right knife preserves the integrity of the granular consistency and structure, enabling you to truly enjoy the cheese's full flavor and taste.

The Feeswavy Brazen Cheese Knife works best for semi to hard cheeses. It has a flowing and compact design with a strong and stout stubby blade. It excels at scoring the the rind of hard cheeses, opening wheels, dividing wedges and chunking them into bite sizes while still maintaining the cheese's structural integrity. It's also excellent for spreading softer cheese and works just as well with cakes and other confectioneries.

True to its custom-made origins, the Brazen Cheese Knife is cold-forged and ground to shape from ⅛” brass bar in Brooklyn, New York. It features gorgeous brass-pinned rosewood scales and a hand-hammered brass blade. If you're looking for a one-of-a-kind perfect cheese knife for your everyday use - this is what you're looking for.

• Perfect for cutting semi-hard to hard cheeses
  • Custom made in Brooklyn, New York
  • Unique hand-hammered brass blade
  • Stunning Rosewood handles
Note: This knife is handmade so there will be variations in finish. This is normal and to be expected.

Did you go straight from your phone SN?
I did!

Fancier, I didn't think the old site helped with photos in anyway at all. It seemed like all advice I saw about photos involved another app or service.

One downfall I found was that the photo had to be under 1 MB. Screenshots work, but not direct photos taken from my phone.

God I still haven't figured out the pics yet I just bought a new galaxy too ,so now would be a good time to figure it out . If anyone is interested in walking me through the process let me know I would love to learn how

Go to play store on your phone

Search for and download imgur

Create an account in the app

At the bottom of the screen in the app there is a camera icon in the middle press this camera icon

When pics from your gallery pop up press on the picture you want to upload

Press the green Next button in the top right

I always press where it says Public and change it to Only Me

Press the green Upload button

There will be a pop up asking you to browse, press OK

When the upload is complete press and hold on the pic until options pop up at the bottom of the screen

Select Share Direct Link

Select the Copy to Clipboard option

Get yourself back to Bladeforums and in your post press and hold until the Paste option appears

Press Paste

Get your cursor in front of what you just pasted and type [I M G] without spaces

After what you pasted type [/ I M G] without spaces

Hit Post Reply in Bladeforums and you're good to go!

giO1CYX.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Silver, a couple of questions.
How much beating did it take to wear the ceracoke off the top of the primary grind?
Does the ceracote improve the feel of the jimping or did you need to file them down a bit for comfort?
Thanks for the help!

Fancier Fancier extended whittling and some casual cross batoning couldn't touch the finish. I actually got a little self conscious posting pics of the knife because it never looked worn!

A little while back I was with-the-grain batoning some really tough and twisty and nasty year old locust. It finally got some respectable wear! If you really want specifics I'd guess it was about a half hour of solid work. Let me know if that helps.

As far as the coating on the jimping, it really is still sharp. I did not file it at all, it's still factory spec. I am not happy with the aesthetics of my filing on my 3v 4.7. Even though its more comfortable now, I don't want to risk more filing on another knife quite yet. Anyways, I don't think the cerakote helps with comfort at all for my sensitive little thumbs.

There will be a pop up asking you to browse, press OK

Good step by step! So I do exactly the same up until just after this ^ step. This gets my images uploaded, and then I switch to the laptop where I have bladeforums pulled up.

After pressing 'browse' on my cell phone app, I wait a few minutes for the upload to complete, and then open imgur in a second window on my laptop and sign in.

I select 'images' under my username drop-down at the top of the page and all of my pictures show, page by page.

I click the one I want and then click on the 'bbcode' to copy the link.

At this point I go back to my bladeforums window and paste the link into the post.

Last edited:
I've been using google-photos since it was picasa, but the inability to embed with an easy direct link is turning me toward imgur or something similar.... y'all recommend imgur vs competition?

chiral.grolim chiral.grolim out of what I've used I like imgur the best. If I could find something that takes fewer presses I'd be happier. The one thing I liked about Photobucket is when I clicked the share option it already added the [eye em gee] which saved quite a few presses. Photobucket is pretty clunky, though.

Imgur is working good for me chiral. Photobucket launches an all-out attack on my laptop anytime I log in. Unless you primarily use your phone, I'd stay away from PB. They do make a good phone app, but imgur has the phone app that Matt and I are using now, albeit in slightly different ways.

Hopefully imgur will address the IMG issue on the phone app that Matt is describing above for those who use their smart phones solely. It's not an issue for me on the laptop because when I copy the bbcode link (accessing their site from my laptop) it's a simple copy/paste job.

Thanks guys. Sounds like imgur is the ticket.

I mostly use my work PC or laptop for photo/video tasks, with most photos/videos taken on my stand-alone cameras.
I did recently slide into this "phone" computer/camera tech and have enjoyed snapping a shot with my "phone" and being able to quickly upload it from there to my google account... but it is INCREDIBLE to me that GOOGLE of all companies would present such crappy software for photo-sharing.
That, and the camera tech on my LG Optimus Z3 is quite bare-bones - video pixelates into oblivion when you try to zoom, and snapping a photo without blur almost requires divine intervention. :confused:

One day I will "upgrade" to a "phone" with better camera-tech and also on-the-go (flash-drive) capability. One day.

Yet another +1 for imgur. Ever since I started using imgur, I packed up Photobucket and left it in the proverbial iMac's attic!

Back