The Survive! Never Say Die! Chat Thread

I saw the first one about a month ago and will definitely see the second eventually. The first was definitely a movie I enjoyed along the vein of "Boondock Saints". I really enjoyed the camera-work, although the film feels a lot like a first-person-shooter on "easy", SO MANY HEAD-SHOTS. Indeed, I saw this "Honest Trailer" just under a week ago, and it is on point:

Spoiler-warning

[video=youtube;wDEWKx0PtUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDEWKx0PtUg[/video]

Somehow I didn't think this movie would be academic enough for you. I pictured you getting wild on a Friday night by watching a good documentary :D

Thanks for the spoiler warning!

Somehow I didn't think this movie would be academic enough for you. I pictured you getting wild on a Friday night by watching a good documentary :D

Thanks for the spoiler warning!

LOL! Close. My wife is the documentary enthusiast :) She likes history and archaeology things the most, although she can be picky about the "facts" presented in some vs others as she is professionally educated on the subject. I go in more for the biology-related docs, but that is so close to my professional endeavors that I prefer to use film to unwind or think about other things. But we vary the types of films we watch on the weekends together. John Wick is a movie i had to watch on my own, and I did so during an over-night at work rather than a Friday :p

To Riz,
I never did get into TWD, but I know a lot of folks around BF have been following since Ep.1! I've read that some are getting bored with it, so I hope the writers/directors can up their game!

Its still excellent. Although I dont see it going more than one more season. If you havent watched it its to much to type out why I thnk that.

LOL! Close. My wife is the documentary enthusiast :) She likes history and archaeology things the most, although she can be picky about the "facts" presented in some vs others as she is professionally educated on the subject. I go in more for the biology-related docs, but that is so close to my professional endeavors that I prefer to use film to unwind or think about other things. But we vary the types of films we watch on the weekends together. John Wick is a movie i had to watch on my own, and I did so during an over-night at work rather than a Friday :p

Good to hear :D

Tinbanger, congratulations on the 3.5 man!!! I had to log off last night to keep from buying that sucker.

HK, you and me as well- that's why I put the heads up out there.

Lol. Before I logged in this morning, I said to myself, 'if it's still there I'm buying it' ha! I have a love/hate relationship with the Heads Up thread :D

Lol. Before I logged in this morning, I said to myself, 'if it's still there I'm buying it' ha! I have a love/hate relationship with the Heads Up thread :D

If they had been green/black canvas or linen, I'd have pounced as well, for rare knives those handles are even more rare... the rarest of the rare!

So, is the flu passing around in everyone's necks of the woods? I'm so happy to have finally gotten it, it's ridiculous. Usually I get the 'stomach' flu which seems to involve a lot of porcelain throne time. It hurts to move, breathe, and I alternate between freezing and roasting but the only GI stuff I've had was throwing up some crackers through my nose. My fault, don't clamp your hand over your mouth if you think you might need to barf.

Regardless, best flu ever!

So, is the flu passing around in everyone's necks of the woods? I'm so happy to have finally gotten it, it's ridiculous. Usually I get the 'stomach' flu which seems to involve a lot of porcelain throne time. It hurts to move, breathe, and I alternate between freezing and roasting but the only GI stuff I've had was throwing up some crackers through my nose. My fault, don't clamp your hand over your mouth if you think you might need to barf.

Regardless, best flu ever!

Dude! My house has been hit with a series of plagues. Between the 4 of us, I don't think anyone has been fully healthy since 2016. I had the flu pretty bad a few weeks ago. It was the worst I've had it. Fever and aches for most of a week. My flu got shared with everyone despite my best efforts to quarantine myself. Between the round of flu, regular colds, a sinus infection and pink eye my family has had it all. Is it spring yet?!?

Don't judge me, but I like growing plants, inside and out. I was into bonsai trees for several years until I got conked on the head and was having seizures and had to bunk away from home for 6 months and most of my trees died. I don't really remember all the details but most of my trees died. I've been growing some orchids since then and I just got my first bloom! Orchids are easy to grow or buy but and to me at least really hard to make happy indoors.

17851e3b25d87d1233fd6094a74b6f42.jpg

On a totally different note.. I really need a workshop, this is my kitchen countertop.

cd972ff5630919aa1f9e246b107e695b.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Grog, it sounds like you're in a pretty good place now :thumbup:
Like Carson Daly said: do good things and good things will happen to you.

I tried taking care of an orchid once, many years ago. I had a water misting water bottle and plant food and a good window with plenty of light. First it lost it's flowers, then the leaves then it went to orchid heaven. You're doing some good work there!

Been on a bit of a jerky making kick lately and I read that you can use corned beef for jerky. It's only been in the dehydrator for an hour so no idea how it'll turn out, but I thought this was an impressive pile of fat to come off a 2 1/2 lb piece of meat.

a9a39a50b1f53561f7a7fe4711458934.jpg

Meat candy!

da7d97e42e05c9a0f188648774546e03.jpg

It's coming out pretty decent, now I just have to quit eating it as fast as it comes off the trays.

Meat candy!

da7d97e42e05c9a0f188648774546e03.jpg

It's coming out pretty decent, now I just have to quit eating it as fast as it comes off the trays.

Yum! I'd have the same problem as you, eating it all as soon as it's ready. Not to say checkout aisle jerky is up to the same level as yours, but I've been tempted a few times to pick up bacon jerky.

Back