The Survive! Never Say Die! Chat Thread

Weather is finally nice enough to get a fire going in my fire pit so I was using my GSO 5 to baton through some dry, knotty wood and I snapped the tip of the blade!!! Does S!K cover buttoning under warranty or is that considered abuse?!?! Help!!!

Pics are coming.

Seriously??
How did that happen :confused:

Edit: actually wait, no way...i call April fools!

Last edited:
Weather is finally nice enough to get a fire going in my fire pit so I was using my GSO 5 to baton through some dry, knotty wood and I snapped the tip of the blade!!! Does S!K cover buttoning under warranty or is that considered abuse?!?! Help!!!

Pics are coming.

Pics or it never happened!

Pics are coming.

Sorry bud, you're SOL. Although unbuttoning is covered under warranty, buttoning with your Survive Knife is definitely considered abuse. Especially if you break the tip doing it. Turn in your man card.

You guys are too sharp. I was hoping to catch someone before their coffee this morning. Just to be clear, I've never broken a knife on April 1st and today is no exception.

As far as HK's comment, some of you smart phone users may think I'm a victim of autocorrect, but I really was buttoning while preparing my fire.

You guys are too sharp. I was hoping to catch someone before their coffee this morning. Just to be clear, I've never broken a knife on April 1st and today is no exception.[/URL]

I will admit Silver, it took me a while to catch on . I was juggling whether or not to cancel my pre-order in fear that I was wrong on the durability of Guy's knives, such that battoning would break the mighty 3V :D

I will admit Silver, it took me a while to catch on . I was juggling whether or not to cancel my pre-order in fear that I was wrong on the durability of Guy's knives, such that battoning would break the mighty 3V :D

I don't think you've got anything to worry about. I wailed pretty hard on this 4.7's tip and it shook it off.

JNBb6QE.jpg

Yiewwww thats a cool photo ^!

And no me neither, i just had a brain fart and took SN bait hahah.

Way to go Silver, I just cancelled all of my Survive! orders. Guy and Ellie will be hunting you down presently.

Way to go Silver, I just cancelled all of my Survive! orders. Guy and Ellie will be hunting you down presently.

We will never again hear of SN, Guy and Ellie have claimed his life and evidence of his broken knife

If you can snap the tip off any gso batoning through wood, than you can have your man card. It'll never happen..lol Concrete, cinder blocks, car doors, than ok, but I don't thinkit'll be covered under warranty :)

We will never again hear of SN, Guy and Ellie have claimed his life and evidence of his broken knife
:eek:

I really poured on the gravy batoning with my little 3.5 when I first got it. I'm incredibly strong due to my huge muscles and exceptional physique and that little guy was just fine despite me striking the tip nearly as hard as I possibly could with a pretty stout baton.

I feel pretty secure owning the advantage :D

Silver Needle hasn't been online for six hours, I didn't think Guy and Ellie would move that fast. (Queue the Jaws theme song.)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh you know, change brings some good and some bad. I'm sure I'll adapt to the new system but I was so very used to navigating through the old one. The alternate dark format is pretty nice, easy on the eyes.

Back