The Traveling Spyderco Delica. . .

Glad to see the clip on the proper side. It was bugging me. You seem to have the same snow as us in Alberta. It's never going to end.

Mr. Brownstone was seeming a bit dull, so we had a sharpmaker session this morning.

CVoBDeS.jpg

Well, he liked this very much. So much, in fact, that he got all chatty and started talking about his favorite NFL team.

wmguebf.jpg

Then, the begging started and I do tend to over-indulge knives, so I agreed to a road trip. First we needed supplies.

9R9sDEo.jpg

I thought we'd check on the water, which is still a bit icy, but you can tell that spring is getting close!!!

8Ad6nVW.jpg

FCkrv0v.jpg

A little bit of driving and then we arrived at the frozen tundra.

J3PyobG.jpg

We didn't take the tour, but Mr. Brownstone did make some new friends. First he met Curly Lambeau. You have to look close.

bcuUyFi.jpg

Then, he met his idol. No player sightings though.He's at the base of the second picture.

7K0orN7.jpg

jr8M7Nz.jpg

Sweet!
The only time I've seen snow and ice this winter was when I went up to Flagstaff for a few days.

My old plum tree is in full, white blossoms. I do not miss cold weather!

Cardboard day!!! The delica continues to surprise me. I've always resisted picking one up as I'm not a huge back-lock or FRN guy. I think part of what makes the delica awesome is the liners, which somehow make it feel way more durable than just FRN by itself. It's ergos really are great, even for my XL hands.

Er2NOEI.jpg

OHDWpZA.jpg

It zipped through the cardboard, no problem.

c7aP2Si.jpg

A bit sticky afterwards, but still shiny sharp from our last sharpmaker session. I'll try to get in another update in a few days and MMAR was nice enough to let Mr. Brownstone stay with me until the Saturday after next (the 25th) so that we can have another road trip together. Badger Knife Show!!!!

6E90zTr.jpg

Off to Badger Knife Show!!! It was quite early when we left, but Mr. Brownstone was excited for the trip.

VLfYLSX.jpg

We've arrived!!! Only a few hours later. He's at the bottom right of the sign.

9yOcQaL.jpg

Mr. Brownstone did see some familiar faces there. They chatted for a bit.

AI6G3k2.jpg

He also decided he was a much better cutting machine than his (slightly) larger new friend.

Q0HmpZJ.jpg

He also thought that "fully auto" might not be the best for this particularly sized design.

vHnLJFp.jpg

Finally, like a kid at the circus, he pestered me into buying him a souvenir. I agreed, and will send it along to meet his next host. Cheers from the Shire!!!!

IiXN2Ra.jpg

Mr. Baggins .. . These are great pics and it sound like you and Mr. Brownstone got along famously.

Mr. Brownstone is excited to be headed off to his next destination--details of his next home TBA soon!

Mr Brownstone just arrived safe and sound! Up here in city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada! Too bad the snows are all gone. He is already got some nice battle wounds :) and he will soon be getting a nice round of workout! Stay tuned everyone!
Oh yes and big thumbs up to BilboBaggins for a nice fresh edge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Brown is at work with me Today and I have issued a task to him that I know he can handle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
I'm somewhat new to the Spyderco family (better late than never, right?). I came across this thread and read every post this AM with my morning coffee.

It seems Mr Brownstone never made it back to the mother ship in Golden? I can help carpool him there, as I live and work only a little ways from Spydies HQ. Can I be added to the list for a short stopover?

He'd be in good company, and get to hang out with my Gayle Bradley and GB2, and my Para 2. Plus a hand full of fixers from various makers. We are a respectable, no drugs, no smoking, no cussing or other frowned upon behavior kind of family. Clean record, one dog one kid, good neighborhood and top rated schools. We can provide reference and pass a background check. Mr B would be well cared for here.

Back