The Ultimate Fighter

Not to mention it's one heck of an intimidating blade! Nice job on that photo, it really helps highlight how well forged that is. Congrats!

That is a really beautiful blade with very elegant lines. It looks quite fearsome and must be a lot of fun to wield. Congratulations Mr. Azar!

H A W K

Its good to have Purna back. That is a beauty.
I think this is an older one! This head has horns. The newer ones had a cows head.
Yangdu just told me this week Purna is gone!
I really hated to hear that terrible news!!

I got the one with the finger guard, otherwise it looks the same and is tougher than nails! Some might say the guard is a bastardized, non traditional design, but I gotta keep my trigger finger as safe as possible.

I was gifted one by a fine forumite as a birthday gift a couple of years ago, and it is an intimidating beast. A man strong enough to be quick with it wouldn't be an hombre I'd want to tangle with. 2+ pounds of razor sharp steel whistling through the air? The back cut alone shorten you by a couple inches.

Monster killing knife to be sure:D

Yes sir Steely! I wish I had the years you guys have had to collect these beauties!

Last edited:
I'm having another made. This time by Kumar. I was thinking of having an addition to it. Having a place on the sheath to hold a Kumar Karda as well.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

I'm having another made. This time by Kumar. I was thinking of having an addition to it. Having a place on the sheath to hold a Kumar Karda as well. Any thoughts? Thanks

You might want to check with leatherworker pugs75, who recently made some piggyback sheaths for HI blades. I would point you to his posts, but the pictures are gone due to Photobucket's sudden change of policy that affeccted HI and millions of others who used Photobucket for their hosted images.

A suggestion: If you are thinking of a heavy blade (such as an Ultimate Fighter) plus a Kumar Karda, the combined weight with sheath will probably be too much for belt carry. You could use a shoulder carry baldric instead. The sheathmaker could add attachment rings to help with that type of carry.

Here's an example of one of pugs' sheaths (without the piggyback feature):

Tamang15-Vim16oz-for-dave-07cr.jpg

Here is another sheath made by leatherworker, wildmanh:

KLVUK16.5in-KesharLal22oz-Wildmanh-Sheath-01cr2.jpg

IMG_9215.jpgDo you recognize this??
You might want to check with leatherworker pugs75, who recently made some piggyback sheaths for HI blades. I would point you to his posts, but the pictures are gone due to Photobucket's sudden change of policy that affeccted HI and millions of others who used Photobucket for their hosted images.

A suggestion: If you are thinking of a heavy blade (such as an Ultimate Fighter) plus a Kumar Karda, the combined weight with sheath will probably be too much for belt carry. You could use a shoulder carry baldric instead. The sheathmaker could add attachment rings to help with that type of carry.

Here's an example of one of pugs' sheaths (without the piggyback feature):

View attachment 749636

Here is another sheath made by leatherworker, wildmanh:

View attachment 749653
David, you have a great point there! Thank you for the photos and the advice.
Wasn't it you that won a Ultimate Fighter on a auction site? I was watching that one also! I wasn't aware of that design as I'm somewhat new to HI! I've learned an awful lot from the forum.
I took a picture of that knife and sent it to Yangdu for her to confirm it was a HI knife.
Of course she responded immediately to tell me about it! I asked if she had one for sale and she was out!
When this one came available, I jumped all over it!
I remember the person selling the UF had a $200 sheath made for it....a beautiful piece of work!
That complete rig went for $214!
I almost bid on it!
If that's yours, that's a beautiful piece for sure!!

Back