The "Whatever" Thread

Same!

I know we are lucky they aren't thick around here, but if there was enough to necessitate a hunting season, I would probably stop hunting deer.

The big sow laying down is the biggest one ive caught so far. A few nights ago on the trail camera I had 9 adult pigs in one picture. My whole life theyve never been a problem till now.

that looks like a good start on a summer's worth of boudain!

Boudin is my main reason for loving Louisiana. I'm now craving some Boudin Balls. Thanks, Erik!

On another subject. I picked up a set of Crock Sticks a while back. Finally I can once again put a proper edge on my knives. For some reason I had lost my touch but with the sticks even I am getting the best out of my blades. Dang it feels good.

Boudin is my main reason for loving Louisiana. I'm now craving some Boudin Balls. Thanks, Erik!

On another subject. I picked up a set of Crock Sticks a while back. Finally I can once again put a proper edge on my knives. For some reason I had lost my touch but with the sticks even I am getting the best out of my blades. Dang it feels good.

my lady is from Louisiana. i went down there one time with her 2-3 years back, and i have to say, they have some of the best food i've ever had. ohhh, that boudin!

and i hear ya mack, one day i can put a lazer edge on the blade, and the next day, i just can't seem to find the right angle. frustrating. BUT...like you said, feels good when you get it right. :thumbup:

Ahhh. Boudin!!

Pronounced "boo-dan".

Whoooooeeeee dat's good!

2fe50303ed873364bee23fd3357c46f4.jpg

best

mqqn

Wow, I remember seeing that guy on TV when I was stationed out in NC in the 80s.

BOUDIN ! oooooh Weeee Yeah.

The best out there is the home cooked alligator boudin. ;)

I remember being a kid, eating that and fried frog legs at my grandaddys house. The older cousins would stay out all night drinking beer and catch frogs. And I mean frogs big as a dinner plate.

Lol, believe it or not I live in a 'suburb' of Vidalia in a place called Frogmore. We have more frogs! :p

Last edited:
Anyone going to the Handworks traditional woodworking show May 19-20 in Amana, IA this year?

http://handworks.co/

I went two years ago and really enjoyed the show and the small town of Amana. Considering making the trip this year.

Thanks. It's the one I made at John's class last summer. Actually it's the knife that remained after John fixed all the mistakes I had made. But I do really like it!

Anyone going to the Handworks traditional woodworking show May 19-20 in Amana, IA this year?

http://handworks.co/

I went two years ago and really enjoyed the show and the small town of Amana. Considering making the trip this year.

I wish you would have posted this a few weeks back, before I committed to something else that weekend.
I have history/woodworking/blacksmithing hobby-ist tendencies.... and I know people in DesMoines and/or Fairfield I could stay with.

Back