The "Whatever" Thread

They are 20 x11 1/4 inch thick. 15 lbs each plate. I drilled through a couple tonight with carbide bits but damn that was some effort. Thinking shooting them will be the easiest lol.

Not perfect size but for the price very hard to complain about and will make me happy until i can get a couple truck loads of dirt back there.

He did have some small rounds and 10x8 that are 3/8 thick that will stop rifle but the price went up also.

would you be willing to ship me some?
USPS has a flat rate "board game box" that's 12x24x3 -- 4 plates would be less than their 70# max, add some cardboard or foam to fill the empty space and stop the clanging?
I would love to have 8 or 12 plates - if this is something you would consider, please send me a PM.

I'll see what I can do for you. If I have left overs I have no issue sending some your way. He also said he is going to be getting another batch soon but initially was against shipping due to the weight. Maybe that box would be just the ticket for him to do so.

If my calculations are correct on the back stop I have in mind about 40 should do the trick leaving me with left overs. It was beneficial monetary wise to grab the 50 plus for me.

Just to be clear though there are no holes drilled in them and they don't stop rifle rounds. but will stop all pistol rounds I have shot at them so far except the 5.7. They are laser cut and seem pretty solid though. No complaints for the money. Heck one of them at the gun show would be 30 plus bucks lol.

yup - I'm thinking I can use them to make a couple of hanging gongs by welding a section of pipe to the top.
and others for reinforcing my current backstop -- to stop larger calibers from blowing through the back of the dirt pile.
OTOH -- 30-06 m2 ball drills pretty clean holes...... heh.

Welding them may effect the hardness. The heat. I think shooting holes with the 06 will be easier and run some bolt with chain for the hanging of gongs. I got the few I drilled that I'm going to try it with and I'll let you know the outcome

I've been watching a series called Life Below Zero on Netflix, about different people living in Alaska. Get to see lots of hunting and plenty of knives being used. Very good series.

I've been watching a series called Life Below Zero on Netflix, about different people living in Alaska. Get to see lots of hunting and plenty of knives being used. Very good series.

We've been watching it also, now my daughter has decided she wants to get a bear claw necklace

I watch some of those series from time to time. I think Yukon Men has a guy that finds deer antler sheds and makes knife handles from them and sells them.

I like the ingenuity of the people on those shows. They seem to do a lot with little.

Mountain Men, yeah I forgot about them.
Tom Orr(?) makes knife handles out of antler. He also knaps obsidian and or flint blades.

One thing I've learned from watching the Alaska based shows is I will not be moving there anytime soon....

because of the damn skeeters.:eek:

Speaking of mountain men.....o_O

I was out today for a couple of hours of wandering exercise and ran into this little guy copping rays along a back trail that borders a swampy area.:cool:

4555752e-2be2-4d94-a27f-8867ec14c917.jpg

I lived in Fairbanks from '89-'93 while I was assigned to an Arctic Light Infantry unit. Lots of time in the woods year round. One of the best place I've ever lived. You never get used to the cold but you do adapt. Back then I only had 4 knives. A Swiss knife, a Schrade stockman, a lock back folder and a Glock bayonet. Still have them all. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

I lived in Fairbanks from '89-'93 while I was assigned to an Arctic Light Infantry unit. Lots of time in the woods year round. One of the best place I've ever lived. You never get used to the cold but you do adapt. Back then I only had 4 knives. A Swiss knife, a Schrade stockman, a lock back folder and a Glock bayonet. Still have them all. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.
So..how were the skeeters?

While out walking yesterday I ran into three of these guys on different trails.
And I saw another garter snake too.(not to mention all the birds)
I love seeing wildlife.:thumbsup:

00671cbf-1b43-43c3-a2f8-ea820da6fe60.jpg

These are steps leading down to the rugby field that I climb and descend every time I go out there.
Going up is an ass kicker, but I can do it at least.:cool:

DSCN1042.jpg

One of my favorites (probably because I dated the girl in the white outfit for about two years in high school!)

Back