The "Whatever" Thread

Thanks for the great pics cb and jbar.:thumbsup:

I saw a Baldie carrying sticks for a nest and being harassed by crows while I was wandering the trails the other day.
Also saw an adult Weasel scurry across a road.
Both were too quick for pics.

More wandering pics...
DSCN1062.jpg

DSCN1066.jpg

DSCN1063.jpg

DSCN1065.jpg

DSCN1064.jpg

DSCN1029.jpg

Wildlife spotted...shelly and a dragon.
DSCN1068.jpg

DSCN1025.jpg

It sure is good to get outdoors for a few hours.:)

:thumbsup:

It was gorgeous here all day. We just had a nasty downpour roll through here. It lasted about five minutes. It's drizzling now but looks like it's going to pass quickly.

Thanks for having me John! Got to hang out in the shop and shoot the breeze for a while. My motorcycle got a free wash on the way home too! There was a hell of a downpour near Lockport
Lucky you.
You got to pick up a new knife, shot the breeze with the maker of the knife and got a bike wash all in one day.:thumbsup:

Beautiful sunny evening, burgers on the grill, a good bottle of wine........ to some it may not seem like much but it's a perfect evening in my book. Happy Saturday guys!

Did the same. Grilled some bratwurst burgers and some asparagus then went for a walk downtown to people watch for a bit.
Now the wife and I are relaxing on the deck with some wine from St. Julian's winery in Michigan.

Enjou your evening :cool: .

went camping in central Missouri this weekend - it was a bit warm during the day, but the nights were gorgeous!

Ok, how's it been going folks?
I hope well.

Things have been a bit hectic for me as of late... Having thrashed my body as a youngin' doesn't bode well for having a job that requires the standing in a refrigerator on a cold (40°) flat concrete floor all day.
The main joint on my big toe hasn't had any cartilage in it for about 10-12 years, and the pain has been ramping up quite badly as of late. So I decided it was time to do something to fix it.

Good news/bad news:
Good news, the toe was salvageable.
Bad news, the joint was not...
6 pins, 1 plate, 4-6 weeks of no weight bearing, and an additional 4-6 weeks of light duty and no work...

So for the next month I am going to be hobbling around on crutches and a scooter, the second month I am going to be walking around, getting my bearings and figuring out how to walk on my new two piece toe over the old three piece.
Further good news, that second month will consist of me having some fires in the firepit, doing some fishing, taking some light walks and hikes with my daughter and the Misses, and generally enjoying some of the summer.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sounds like you plan to make the most of your time off, have fun.

My Grandpa was a butcher for his entire life, I believe he has around 40 years on those nice concrete floors. He's mostly bionic at this point but can still get out and hunt/fish so that's pretty good for 82 years old.

Best of luck on the recovery, sounds like you have a good plan in place. Doing the work now will pay off in the long run.

Thanks folks, there is some pain but I am not using the oxy's they gave. I'm not a fan of them, so the naproxen is it. It will work out fine, the majority of the big pain is gone, so it is dull throbbing with some spikes but nothing major.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Back