The "Whatever" Thread

A few more pics from this morning's and Friday's wanderings.
c7uetfc.jpg

Please don't eat the Daisies.;)
A3LU6az.jpg

gooc0y0.jpg

Red Neck landscaping.:rolleyes:
OwuJHxA.jpg

One for John.:D
8EK2ysB.jpg

Corral fence for a long disused equestrian arena off to the right of this pic and a Camillus 72.
3YIONc0.jpg

Below is the old retaining wall where I take my breaks.
I was sitting there the other day (Friday) and a little blur came hauling ass out of the underbrush right along the wall there towards me, but it turned to the right when it spotted me and stopped for a second before bookin' back into the brambles.
The blur was a baby rabbit and it was being chased by a baby weasel. I don't know if they were playing or the weasel had food on it's mind, but they were both about the same size...tiny.
The weasel spotted me and stopped, then hopped up on the wall and was standing there for a few seconds crouching up and down trying to figure out what the heck I was before deciding it didn't want anything to do with me and running back into the underbrush the way he'd come.
Pretty freaking cool, my third weasel sighting.:cool: Cute little buggers.
Unfortunately my camera was in my pack at the time.
Actually even if I had the camera in my hands the whole thing happened so fast I wouldn't have gotten a pic anyway.:eek:
Not only are they cute, but they're fast too!;)
gPmE1bv.jpg

As it stands right now I have enough work to last me until mid August (if I work slow). After that I don't know what will happen. I can still build knives, but would need to charge more to cover the cost of materials shipping one at a time. It costs the same to ship 10 sets of handles as it does to ship 1, so it's really not cost effective.
Wish I could help, but you know where I'm at.:(

Enjoy the camping trip!
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth of July. Remember, it is harder using a knife when you are missing 3 fingers.

I'm working too. No rest for the weary.

Happy 4th everyone.

I had today and have tomorrow off so I've been knocking things off the honey-do list. I posted todays activities in this thread http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/7-1-17.1503765/ .

Tomorrow I get to finish. Hoo-Ray!

I can't complain too much. After dinner, my wife rewarded todays efforts with toffee ice cream from the local parlor.

Yes. I will work for ice cream. :D

Happy 4th everyone.

I had today and have tomorrow off so I've been knocking things off the honey-do list. I posted todays activities in this thread http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/7-1-17.1503765/ .

Tomorrow I get to finish. Hoo-Ray!

I can't complain too much. After dinner, my wife rewarded todays efforts with toffee ice cream from the local parlor.

Yes. I will work for ice cream. :D
Where's the best ice cream in your neck of the woods? We just have Oberweiss here but it's good enough for me!

worked a half day today, then took SWMBO out to lunch followed by a movie in kansas city. (wonder woman)
tomorrow is a fairly calm day - before she has to head back to Des Moines for work Wednesday

Where's the best ice cream in your neck of the woods? We just have Oberweiss here but it's good enough for me!

Geneva is somewhat of a tourist town so it's full of little shops. There are no fewer that ten ice cream/frozen yogurt/gelato/candy/confection/dessert stores in town. By far, the most popular is Grahams Chocolates. The ice cream there will have people lined up out the door.

http://www.grahamschocolate.com/

We also have a Kilwin's. If the wait is too long at Grahams, I'll go there. They make Mackinaw style fudge on the big marble tabletop as well. Always neat to watch.

If you ever go to St. Charles, look for Kimmers Ice Cream. Really good stuff there.

I'm starting to sound like an addict, huh? :(

:p

We were in Geneva a few years ago, there were quite a few candy shops there. Connie used to make candy arrangements and liked the little shops.

I'm out in that area a couple times a year. I used to work on Stevens street in Geneva but always avoided the chaotic shopping areas. I'll have to take my girl out there for some ice cream

As long as it doesn't have a hole or crack, he is fine.
If it does, what did he hit? It looks to be rather calm there, so I am not expecting anything over a class 2.

First time in a kayak and his oar got stuck, he leaned and tugged himself right upside down. He was not a happy camper on the 12 mile bike ride home:mad:
ETA this is Herrick lake in Wheaton

Back