Recommendation? Thermos?

Hey guys!

I am looking for a thermos to take deer hunting with me ( Yes I know it's still a ways away!) and am quickly learning they don't make them the way they used to. I don't want a yeti there great but I would like the type with the lid that doubles as a cup. I like the Stanley thermos but since they started making them in China I heard the quality went down quite a bit. And I don't want to drop $400 for a vintage Stanley. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks.

Daniel.

I'm not sure where you're going to find a good brand with a cup-as-lid style, most of the better insulated bottle brands just sell separate cups with their bottles.

Thrift stores always have the old green Stanley ones American made for around 10$ to 20$ the one by us has three of them I was just looking at them

Great! Thanks guys! I was looking on eBay last night and the ones I saw that where USA made where like $400 so I guess I wasn't looking at quite the right thing!

Thanks again!

I carry hydroflasks throughout the year for personal and prevention/treatment of environmental injury. They handle cold and hot equally well. I can swap out from a threaded to a travel mug-like sippy top depending on mood and mission. I have them in sizes from 18oz to 40oz. Keeps stuff hot most of the day even the mercury dips below -20f. Doesn't hurt that they aren't very expensive.

I remember the old days when the liner was made of silvered glass which of course shattered if dropped .I was very happy when the started making stainless steel ones !!
The early ones however used steel about twice as thick as those of today -so much for advances in technology !

I remember the old days when the liner was made of silvered glass which of course shattered if dropped .I was very happy when the started making stainless steel ones !!
The early ones however used steel about twice as thick as those of today -so much for advances in technology !

Yep. Those where the good ol days!

Check out the Camelbak Forge. No leaks and easier to clean than the older thermoses.

I'll check that out.

IMG_2679.jpg I do not know the production window on the Ti Thermoses, but other Ti projects were short lived. The Buck 186 Titan was produced for 6 months. The Parker T-1 Titanium pens lasted less than a year. The Porsche Designs Titan sunglasses are hard to find. At least 3 bicycle companies gave up on Ti frames back in the 70's.`

Attachments

• IMG_2679.jpg
    IMG_2679.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 3
I think Aladdin thermos are good value. Mine has lasted for many years of hard use. Those are available still and
"classic " ones on the bay for not too much.

Ray

View attachment 749034 I do not know the production window on the Ti Thermoses, but other Ti projects were short lived. The Buck 186 Titan was produced for 6 months. The Parker T-1 Titanium pens lasted less than a year. The Porsche Designs Titan sunglasses are hard to find. At least 3 bicycle companies gave up on Ti frames back in the 70's.`

That's awesome. I love titanium!

I just bought a Stanley Classic, the made in China version (I know). It was $19 for the 35 oz. model. I've used it 5-6 times so far and it has worked out well. No real drops or knocks so I can't say how tough it will be yet, and I've run out of coffee before it runs out of hot.

I just bought a Stanley Classic, the made in China version (I know). It was $19 for the 35 oz. model. I've used it 5-6 times so far and it has worked out well. No real drops or knocks so I can't say how tough it will be yet, and I've run out of coffee before it runs out of hot.

Cool! Glad it's paying off for you so far!

My wife and I make a big pot of french press every morning, and the carafe we had been using was never all that great at keeping the coffee warm for more than a few hours, which meant we often had to warm up our mid-afternoon pick me up . A few weeks ago I picked up a Thermos Stainless King 40 Ounce from a certain large online retailer when it was on sale. There have been a few times when we didn't drink all the coffee, and this thermos kept the 1/2 pot of coffee hot enough to drink the next morning. We are very happy with it. It was made overseas, though, which may be a deal breaker for you.

Enjoy

I’ve found this to be an excellent coffee thermos: Zojirushi 20-Ounce

HydroFlask makes some great vaccum insulated bottles, I’m sure you could fill the 40oz model with enough coffee.

Back