This forum is closing. Do NOT Post Sales Threads Here!

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Per request and due to the overwhelming traffic this forum gets, I'm subdividing it down and making separate forums Folders and Fixed Blades for sale. Existing threads will be allowed to continued, but no new threads may be posted in this forum. Please transition to the other two when possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Spark. That should speed things up a little.

Last night I was wondering why there wasn't separate forums for fixed and folders. This makes me happy :D

I disagree... This might help site performance but will hurt site useability for both buyers and sellers. IMO, this is a bad change for the end user.

Now another reason for me to post in the wrong area and the MODS to spank me. If I ever meet a MOD in person I promise to buy you a beer for every error I made in posting. Hope you guys can hold your liquor.

Simple... As a seller, instead of posting one thread with fixed and folding knives, now you'll have to post two. As a buyer, you'll need to be searching/watching two forums instead of one. For some people watching another forum is significant (since they already participate in three or more). You could take this approach further and say that each brand/knife manufacturer will have their own sale forum which obviously won't work.

Last edited:
I for one, prefer to look for fixed blades when buying knives, and I hate looking through all the titles to weed out the folders...And when I look for folders, I have to weed out the fixed blades. It's all clumped up and disorganized. I like this new idea.

Hello. I notice that the posts are now arranged by the most recently replied to. Previously they were sorted by the posting date making easier to track new posts. Is there a setting on here to get it back to sorted by original post time and date?

I for one, prefer to look for fixed blades when buying knives, and I hate looking through all the titles to weed out the folders...And when I look for folders, I have to weed out the fixed blades. It's all clumped up and disorganized. I like this new idea.
+1
I think it's great

The poster that wanted these separated was specifically referring to the custom section. Not quite sure how I feel about the production section being split, only time will tell.

Back