This just my opinion, BUT

sheathmaker

Custom Leather Sheaths
It seems like there were a lot more questions asked in other forums where sheath were just an after thought, or when one was posted it brought out a bevy of questions as to "how do I do that".

There was more activity by far just badgering Spark to let us have this forum, and his comment is still ringing in my ears. "There is not enough interest or traffic to support a sheath forum" or words to that effect.

I have made it my personal goal to visit this forum a minimum of once each day, and further to post something of substance at least once each day. I would suggest that many of you do like wise. This would be one way to thank Spark for letting us have the forum. (another way, of course, would be to upgrade your membership which I did by way of Platinum even before we got the forum).

There are quite a few of us here that have been doing this leather thing for quite a while and I can guarantee no question will ever go unanswered, but you have to ask the question first.

For now, don't worry about "stickys". If you have a question either stick it in an active thread or better yet start a new thread so it will get noticed at the top for sure. Let's make this forum go!

Paul

I didn't know it got made until today as well.

Its only been a couple of days, and it seems to be pulling together nicely. Its going to take some time before everyone knows its here.

I totally agree with Paul here, I've been visiting several times a day, and so far theres new posts every time. Those of us who are active here do need to step up and post away! I've been blabbering away myself lately. :)

where do you find the time leatherman..........coming up with awesome sheaths for big folders and posting your wisdom......i am jealous!

oops....gotta go back to saddle stitching!

great info on the snap press.....picking mine up from Tandy on Mon......they have the dies i need also.........................

this is next on the list:eek:

artisan3000pro.jpg

I do need to start a thread like that over here too huh, snaps and setters are good discussion fodder. :)

Holy Moly! That machine is a BEAST!!

where do you find the time leatherman..........coming up with awesome sheaths for big folders and posting your wisdom......i am jealous!

I meant to answer this one yesterday. :eek: When it comes to forum time I always visit first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening. I'm in the shop from 10 am to 11 pm sometimes earlier in the morning if I can motivate myself. ;) I try to visit here sometime in the middle, usually during lunch. So its not too difficult to find the time to sit, I just tend to work through lunch and realize I missed it late in the afternoon.

whoa, seeing it in writing...... I work a lot!

if you can motivate yourself to work that schedule.........you must really LOVE what you are doing:D.......i am happy for you my friend.....
i dont think you could pull it off if it was anything but
LOVE FOR THE LEATHER!

bring on the cow;)

After all these years I still get that pang of excitement in my heart when I open the door to the shop. Now thats passion. :)

I have only ever made one sheath from scratch in my lifetime........if I find, I will show it here for your amusement.......I do have some that my father made for me that I can show.........he sued to make SOB and ankle sheaths for some of the of duty Dallas Police for extra money when I was younger..it was never more than a hobby for him though.

cerberus

Thats one nice looking sewing machine. Wish I could afford it. I'll possibly use part of my check for leather, stain/dye and other sheath making things, just not that elaborate.

BTW this is the first forum I visit when logging into BF.C each day now that I know it's here. I've even added a link into my sig so more people know about it. Some good stuff going on here. :thumbup:

Heber

Back