Review Thoughts From a User New To CRK

I think I'm going to be right there with you, JB. This one has not left my side since it arrived. It even kicked a beloved custom out of my pocket. Instead of the shine wearing off, like I'm used to once I've had a knife for a couple of days, I'm actually liking this one more and more. I don't know if I feel like an idiot for getting sucked in by this knife or because it took me so long to acquire one. Either way, I don't think there's any going back now.

Thought I'd hop on and update this thread. I've been carrying my Inkosi every day since I received it. It has completely ruined me for folding knives. I don't even look at other knives anymore. I know that people gripe about the price of CRKs, but I have to say that I've saved thousands of dollars by not continually buying new knives looking for "the one".

I was expecting it to develop wear pretty quickly, based on pictures I've seen here. Mine still looks relatively new. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the finish on these is pretty solid.

dff4HIkl.jpg

For some reason when I tried out the small Inkosi at my local knife store I found it too small for my hand. Alternatively the small 21 fits my hand perfectly. I just found my hand was abit bunched up on the Inkosi.

For the larges I prefer my large Inkosi to my large 21. I noticed the small inkosi is slightly shorter in handle length than the small 21. However the large 21 and Inkosi seem to be the same size.

I noticed on the large 21 when the knife is locked open and the lockbar now bendins enough that the clip's tip is kind of now floating in the air. Then if you pull back slightly on the tip of the clip and let go it goes kind of "sproing" like a spring.

Is that normal?

For some reason when I tried out the small Inkosi at my local knife store I found it too small for my hand. Alternatively the small 21 fits my hand perfectly. I just found my hand was abit bunched up on the Inkosi.

For the larges I prefer my large Inkosi to my large 21. I noticed the small inkosi is slightly shorter in handle length than the small 21. However the large 21 and Inkosi seem to be the same size.

I noticed on the large 21 when the knife is locked open and the lockbar now bendins enough that the clip's tip is kind of now floating in the air. Then if you pull back slightly on the tip of the clip and let go it goes kind of "sproing" like a spring.

Is that normal?

No, that's not normal. On all of mine, the clip rides on the lock bar. You probably need to adjust the clip a little so it will ride on the lock bar. Since the clip is cold formed, bending it won't hurt it at all.

It rides on the lockbar. It's just when the knife is locked open, and thus the lockbar bent inwards, now there is space between the tip of the clip and the lockbar.

It doesn't hurt the knife or detract from it at all. I was just curious if it's just mine like that or if it's normal.

It rides on the lockbar. It's just when the knife is locked open, and thus the lockbar bent inwards, now there is space between the tip of the clip and the lockbar.

It doesn't hurt the knife or detract from it at all. I was just curious if it's just mine like that or if it's normal.

Can you post a pic, apparently I'm not understanding the situation.

I am surrounded by knives (my wife owns multiple restaurants), and my Son-in-Law who is a chef lives with us. I buy them good serviceable knives, but I keep the CRK's including the kitchen ones to myself. I too thought the CRK "mystique" was hogwash until I bought one. As someone said a ZT or Hinderer or you name it will cut stuff. I want more. I like the variety...not of the basic knives...but of the "adornments" and the precision of the product. I do use and carry (usually as a second knife) other brands of knives and appreciate them all. Thanks for posting your journey. My CRK journey was more like a landslide.

Well written, Cory.

For all the reasons you stated, I'm striking the same cord.

I really enjoy that your Inkosi has become the one. That's exactly what I'm after, as well.

"This is it" Hahaha. I've been there brother. I thought the exact same thing after my small sabenza 21. Honestly I wish it were true but the search for 'my last knife' may never end I fear. After small inlays I moved to a large and much happier with that. I have large inlays as well but the large plain Jane seems to take up most of my pocket time. You defenetly have a life long companion as the card reads friend. Awesome post. This is give or take where I'm at, all in search for 'the lady's

I was just thinking about how I used to collect knives. I pulled out my Inkosi and got to wondering how long I've been carrying it for. I came on here to check, and it's been almost 18 months now.

In that 18 months, I've lost my desire to purchase new knives. I don't see a point. I have plenty of fixed blades, and I don't have any intentions of carrying another folder. My subscription to this forum has lapsed. I have not kept up on recent developments in the industry. I have not felt any desire to ogle other people's knives. I'm no longer a member of any Facebook knife groups. I no longer consider which knife to carry next. I no longer wonder if the next new thing will be better than what I've got. I no longer feel like the knife in my pocket would be perfect if only. I sold off all of my knives that were in contention for being my permanent carry. I only have one roll of knives left, and those are keepsakes. In short, this knife has ruined me as a knife collector. It is THE ONE.

I don't know what else is left to say. I'm no longer one of you. I'm out of the game. I'll probably come back once in a while to update on this thread. Obviously, not too often as it's been over a year since my last update.

Here's an updated picture after 18 months of being carried every day. It's a slightly blurry cell phone picture that took me 10 seconds to snap and has no editing other than cropping. It's dirty and ugly, but just like my Inkosi it does the job. It shows you how the knife has aged in the last 18 months.

w1aAY76.jpg

Thanks for the great read. My family of CRK’s get duly rotated carry. Sebenza 21&25; Large Inkosi; and Umnumzaan. Along with a whole passel of other brands. Hinderer; Curtis; Three Sisters Forge Gorgon; Strider SMF; Shirogorov, and more. Now I’m looking to try the Koenig Arius. For me, seeking never ends.

Great thread and long term assessment. I’m inspired that I too can have permanently broken the knife collecting illness with my small Inkosi. It is so darn rugged for being such a little thing.

I was just thinking about how I used to collect knives. I pulled out my Inkosi and got to wondering how long I've been carrying it for. I came on here to check, and it's been almost 18 months now.

In that 18 months, I've lost my desire to purchase new knives. I don't see a point. I have plenty of fixed blades, and I don't have any intentions of carrying another folder. My subscription to this forum has lapsed. I have not kept up on recent developments in the industry. I have not felt any desire to ogle other people's knives. I'm no longer a member of any Facebook knife groups. I no longer consider which knife to carry next. I no longer wonder if the next new thing will be better than what I've got. I no longer feel like the knife in my pocket would be perfect if only. I sold off all of my knives that were in contention for being my permanent carry. I only have one roll of knives left, and those are keepsakes. In short, this knife has ruined me as a knife collector. It is THE ONE.

As someone who has bought and sold a lot of knives on here I have to say I wish I would have stuck with my first CRK - well it was a small so probably my 2nd. I just got a 21 back in my pocket today and I have to say there is NOTHING like a Sebenza. I have used the big 3 in production knives (Benchmade, ZT, and Spyderco) and while they all have their merit they were always missing something. I like Hinderer alright but his knives feel different than a CRK. There's just something about a CRK and the large is the perfect size as well.

Thanks for the great read. My family of CRK’s get duly rotated carry. Sebenza 21&25; Large Inkosi; and Umnumzaan. Along with a whole passel of other brands. Hinderer; Curtis; Three Sisters Forge Gorgon; Strider SMF; Shirogorov, and more. Now I’m looking to try the Koenig Arius. For me, seeking never ends.

Just picked up an Arius and I am beyond stoked. My wife liked it so much she stole it lol.

Just stopping in for a quick update. Looks like I just passed the four year mark with my small Inkosi. It is still a true EDC. If I’m wearing pants, this knife is clipped to the pocket. I couldn’t be happier with it, and look forward to a long future with this knife.

mW3QsiE.jpg

Thats a pretty nice update! If you ever send it back to CRK to get refinished, you should be real happy. I just got one back that was pretty marked up and it looks exactly like new. Im very pleased and turnaround only took 3 weeks.

Back