Thoughts on the Wave...?

Perfectly reasonable question, I did not disassemble the knife at all, just a few drops on either side of the tang area of the blade so it would seep down into the bearing area and that was all it took and it's much smoother now.
BUT, if that does not fix it, you may find that you will need to disassemble it in order to do a thorough cleaning of the bearing area, but that shouldn't be too difficult to manage.

G2

#283 here and no markings that i can see.
Blade could close on it's own with a few light shakes when i got it, a little nano oil and it's just as smooth as any Shirogorov that i have owned.

Just a wonderful knife, for me i think its the ONE!

#283 here and no markings that i can see.
Blade could close on it's own with a few light shakes when i got it, a little nano oil and it's just as smooth as any Shirogorov that i have owned.

Just a wonderful knife, for me i think its the ONE!

Hi Sechip,thanks for your support.

I just wanted to jump back in this one. I am still loving my Wave. Those numbers are very hard to see, and only in the perfect light. Loving a small folder from Reate!

Has anyone tried straight acetone from the hardware store? I imagine it was written with something along the lines of a Sharpie and IME acetone takes it completely off. Fingernail polish remover is diluted acetone and isn't as aggressive removing stuff.

If straight acetone didn't immediately take it off I would wrap the blade with a saturated paper towel and then wrap with plastic wrap or something similar so it can soak for 5-10 minutes. It's a solvent that should dissolve the marker and get down into any pores that the ink could get to.

If that didn't do it somehow I would try some Mother's aluminum and mag wheel polish and carefully hand rub with a paper towel. It shouldn't change the finish much but it may make it slightly shinier or more glossy so you may want to do the whole blade and not just the spot with writing.

Just what I would do.

I've watched and lusted after the Wave for a long time. Gary's pictures almost pushed me over the brink a few times. I've been waiting for a Reate with a 3" blade and that just never seems to be coming...but I was content to wait. With the recent pricing at BladeHQ, I couldn't wait any longer.

I have a Wave inbound and I'm certain it'll push a lot of other EDC knives out of my pocket. Can't wait to finally get one in my grubby paws! I haven't bought a Reate for a while...my last was a Steelcraft Bodega...but it feels good to get back in the saddle again :p.

Nice :) hopefully it will arrive before Christmas for ya!
G2

55b5ecb3a74334d8e005f697f71e182f.jpg

This is a knife that has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated! So glad I gave into another compulsive knifegasm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Reate have any inlays in their backstock? I noticed on the Reate Instagram account that the Wave was produced with several different inlays and I would REALLy like to get one.

Does Reate have any inlays in their backstock? I noticed on the Reate Instagram account that the Wave was produced with several different inlays and I would REALLy like to get one.

I would like a G-10 or a micarta inlay!

Even a carbon fiber inlay.

Doubtful anyone will see an option to purchase replacement inlays, I tried to get David to do this along time ago on other knives and it never happened.

We have some limited numbers of grey Waves coming in for those that think the blue is too over the top.

I really like the blue myself but the grey is also very appealing and maybe a bit more user friendly for those users that think they might damage the finish.

A big thanks to Reate for doing these for us. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reate produces the Bodega Steelcraft models correct? Is there a difference in quality? I have heard nothing but good things about Reate but have not heard much about the Bodega Steelcraft lineup. In particular I love the looks of the Steelcraft Kwaiken and want to know if it will be up to snuff with Reate's stellar production record.

Reate produces the Bodega Steelcraft models correct? Is there a difference in quality? I have heard nothing but good things about Reate but have not heard much about the Bodega Steelcraft lineup. In particular I love the looks of the Steelcraft Kwaiken and want to know if it will be up to snuff with Reate's stellar production record.

I think anything that Todd Begg puts his name on is going to be top notch in terms of quality - in terms of price as well. I've never seen a bad comment yet of his knives that are made by Reate.

Would anyone have one of these and an xm18 3” id like to c both side by side pick? Dor size comparison, thanks

Back