Thread to share about your Carothers / CPK Grail(s)

A new target has emerged.. Carothers NATS. Agile, balanced, tough as nails... Not A Tactical Spoon..

I have so much admiration for Nate's philosophy wrt producing tools, and that's one of the reasons why the dagger is so appealing to me. It reaches somewhat beyond utility and kind of exposes Nate's Artistic genius more than a simple working knife can

Which begs the question, at what point in his career will he tire of field grade production and turn towards something that will strike awe in the collector types once more? I'm looking forward to Blade 2018, but not holding my breath.

Personally; after beating the dagger to death with wants over the last year plus, and no chance at success I'm ready to see the next level Nathan is capable of, rather than have him walk that path again.

Perhaps something new will get those creative juices flowing again.

Which begs the question, at what point in his career will he tire of field grade production and turn towards something that will strike awe in the collector types once more? I'm looking forward to Blade 2018, but not holding my breath.

Personally; after beating the dagger to death with wants over the last year plus, and no chance at success I'm ready to see the next level Nathan is capable of, rather than have him walk that path again.

Each new collaboration will add new elements. Lorien has made his mark, I'm looking forward to Dan's contribution.

Maybe Jo will jump in and wow us..

Oh, let me opine on this matter without any authority whatsoever:

With their kids growing up and getting closer by the day to college age, I'm afraid that you may have to wait longer for your Grail collector pieces. Great colleges are not cheap so in the absence of a full on scholarship, its best to ramp up production of the mostly field grade patterns because the revenues will be more steady and more reliable. Once CPK-Kids graduate from MIT or Stanford (if into sciences) then proud Momma & Papa can kick back, relax and delve back into those collector type of bling-blings which you love :)

My 1st FK. Not the most fancy, but one that I hold in very high regard.

Perhaps Justin F eluded to a grail being an object pursued, one just out of reach. And that once owning, there's another grail to replace it.

This FK is the grail that started pursuits of more grails. It's the instigator.

kGDUlL1.jpg

Ok, so I'm an EDC fanatic. My Grail right now would be a knife I've never seen, and I'm not sure still exists.. If it did, Nathan/Lorien would surely never let me have it, such as the code of the old creek bed seems to dictate.

A prototype EDC from the D3V build..

If I had enough soul to sell, I'd cash in for that. But mine is claimed, and so the Grail continues in it's journey, and me in mine.

In my experience, you don't choose the Grail.. it chooses you. When the time is right, I will have earned its favor, and we will embrace as two halves becoming whole. The world will rejoice and unite under our example.

Then we will conquer.

I'm pretty sure the EDC went straight to production, and that no protos were made

What's going on with Photobucket as of late? Either I see that speedometer gauge graphic or when I click on an actual displayed photo, my 'puter gets attacked by pop ups!

Back