Thumb ramp adjusment?

jlauffer

Tempt not the Blade
Platinum Member
Anyone know if the thumb ramp on the new knives can be adjusted (rotated)? They all seem to have a set-screw in the spine, but not sure if that just holds it in place, or if it also allows the thumb ramp to be rotated. I have the Grik, and the way it is now, the top of the ramp (the thickest part) is at approx. 2 o'clock (or 10 o'clock depending which side of the blade you're looking at). I think it might work better (for me) if it was at 12 o'clock. I don't have a hex bit small enough to try it, but if someone knows it can be adjusted I would start looking for one.

OK, so turns out I did have a small enough hex/allen wrench to undo the set screw, and also turns out that the thumb ramp is not adjustable. It had one detent that the set screw fit into. Since it was plastic, I drilled another detent so I could reposition the ramp, but I still didn't like it. I think the issue for me is that the ramp is too close to the handle, so its hard to get a lot of traction with your thumb. If it were a regular thumb stud, or if there was a bit of a cutout in the handle, maybe it would work better. Anyway, I simply removed the thumb ramp, and like it a lot better this way.

aCxLh1Ml.jpg

TooLzjVl.jpg

Back