• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tiger Claw Sharpening

Tim the Wizard

Street Samurai
Gold Member
bRS26fC.png

Welcome to our home on Bladeforums.

Services

At Tigerclaw Sharpening, we handle every knife with great care and appreciation.

Upon receiving your knives, we will:

1. Assess the acuity of the blade edge and examine the apex of the edge for any damage.

2. Working with you and our consideration of the knife-maker’s original vision, establish a plan of approach.

3. Sharpen an edge to your specifications, removing any burrs along the entire cutting length of the blade.

Get in Touch

You can PM me for questions or access our order form here:

https://forms.gle/1CtBFDvph2CkHgWy7

Here are a few samples of knives I have had an opportunity to work on:

Fiddleback Forge Runt, 01

sAk8KQH.jpg

W.A. Surls Patch Knife, A2

zcfrl6E.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Camp Nessie, A2

lYc3L37.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Duke, 01

In84i8J.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Hiking Buddy, CPM 154

9Y40Y4a.jpg

AnTXxv2.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Bushfingers, 01, CPM 154

PfYsWzR.jpg

IlyWLT8.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Runt, A2, and Fleming Itty Bitty Wharncliffe CPM D2

aDkdZ8e.jpg

Case Peanut, D. Thomas AEB-L Damascus

NYbGn8w.jpg

Benchmade Sequel 707, M390

KyPWsvr.jpg

BRT Bladeworks/Ben Tendick EDC Kwaiken, 1095
MlNJBdF.jpg

Swamp Rat Infidu, INFI

zygS0Ht.jpg

GEC #66, Calf Roper Jack, 1095

f6qotkw.jpg

Samurai Stuart/ S. Davenport Honcho Kitchen Knife, M4

YvQ0Cfu.jpg

I will be updating this thread with additional work.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I had the opportunity to work on a personal blade this morning. Model T3 by Al Warren is a lockback wharnecliffe in CPM S30V. At 15 degrees per side, the blade experiences some micro-chipping. This is an 18 degree per side primary cutting edge polished with Veritas green compound at 0.5 micron/60k grit.

FbSr9vr.jpg

This is the final edge on a client's Dogwood Dan Custom Knives Piranha in CPM 154 with black palm wood.

Dan has a great sense of ergonomics. The knife just feels right in the hand. It wants to work!

zXiIbuf.jpg

j8DHxzN.jpg

Last edited:
This Benchmade 880 Dark Star, designed by Allen Elishewitz, had seen 14 years of use by a client and was so damaged it could not even cut butter.

I worked on the blade for some time to remove all of the fatigued metal, then restored the edge to a mirror polish on a 10k grit waterstone.

This one was really a challenge! I am very pleased with the outcome.

Before/After photo:

23ZOTAm.jpg

Last edited:
A beautiful piece came in. This one was made by David Boye out of saw mill blade steel back in '78. I love working with tool steels.

Po3qmHy.jpg

NPRPMni.jpg

This Fiddleback Forge patch knife blew me away with its stunning stabilized maple and caramel coloring. The edge was very polished but non-functional. I was able to remove the fatigued metal at the apex and restore the edge to a point where I would be proud to carry it as an EDC.

DF9JZCR.jpg

The Fiddleback Forge EDC II knife with Shadetree Custom Composites coffee burlap scales has an excellent leaf-shaped blade. There is alot of knife here for being a relatively compact package! When I received it from a client, it had a perfect grind but the edge was more obtuse than necessary for its expected daily use. It's leaving here with an edge strong enough for field use yet sharp enough to shave.

frKSw8Q.jpg

This Benchmade Mini-Presidio LE in CPM M4 had a severely broken tip and was not doing any cutting after 3 or 4 years of use. It is seen below in different stages of development.

SpX9wSN.jpg

hm2OEs0.jpg

I was able to reshape the tip into a robust point and align it with the rest of the edge.

mQN6kza.jpg

Last edited:
Fiddleback Forge Kephart, one of my favorites from their lineup.

5wkAEex.jpg

Sharpened on a 10000 grit stone, followed by stropping on 0.5 average micron strop that my wife made and that we sell here.

Remarkably beautiful scales on this one: buckeye burl with alumilite "lava" resin.

Last edited:
Fiddleback Forge 3 Finger Joe from a client. This one came with a "blue back" tiger-stripe like patterning from the maker, as well as sandblasted micarta scales.

xjbq8Eh.jpg

Last edited:
I had the chance to work with a client's W.A. Surls Lil Ness with black bolstered Shadetree philellow burlap micarta.

Very cool interpretation of a traditional pattern.

AY04xSY.jpg

Last edited:
These two knives by Bud Nealy in CPM 154 have a great super-thin profile for EDC and concealed carry.

z1xvjqA.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Shank in 01

iGsEDpe.jpg

I believe it will be shanking some vegetables soon. The profile lends itself well in service as kitchen cutlery to sub for a dedicated paring knife.

Evan's Knife & Tool Companion in S35VN. The ruby red g10 really makes it pop!

IAcN6k4.jpg

Last edited:
This one is a true gem, and I was honored to be asked to work on it. A knife by Dennis Bradley in CPM 154 with mammoth ivory scales.

Lnicsni.jpg

Last edited:
Sharpening and tip repair for a client on this beautiful Spyderco PM2 in S110V. Sal made it easy on me by having it made with a perfect grind.

gFldQNs.jpg

OY9ceTv.jpg

Back