• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tiger Claw Sharpening

Shiny new edge on a Fiddleback Forge Handyman with black bolstered Shadetree Composites navy burlap

kGxyWYM.jpg

A 4" Rhino in bocote by Adam Andreasen at Valkyrie Knives, shown here with a recently applied mirror finished edge

9sm59bC.jpg

I took some time to work on a personal knife. This is a Fiddleback Forge Patch Knife in 5/32" A2 steel. OD Canvas liners and bolsters contrast the tarara (canarywood) scales.

Pictured with a backdrop of American Beautyberry.

xoV3cVm.jpg

Last edited:
Super smooth mirror polished hunting knife by Jackie Dial that I had the pleasure to work on. This is a 19 dps v-edge at 2000 grit. Just polished enough to shine, but rugged enough that it still bites dangerously on the Carter three finger edge test.

wjvYnWF.jpg

This cold steel tanto knife I received has seen some work. Now, it's ready for more. This was re-profiled to just over 20 degrees and given a robust edge on a 2000 grit waterstone.

RmMzlYI.jpg

Remarkably beautiful VG10 laminate damascus and dyed boxelder burl on this custom kitchen set.

QHxKt52.jpg

NN29USM.jpg

Stunning burl...

IHsjlmP.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job on the kitchen knifes Jarrett! Only one concern, you didn't put a card in the package so it can be passed on to the bride so she knows where to ship them when needed! Best Martin

Thank you for the kind words, and for the good business advice. I think i'll have some cards made and i'll make sure to get a couple out your way.

Just got back from my trip to see my Dial, CS tanto, Takeda, and Rhino waiting for me. Superb work as always.... thanks again for the knife TLC Jarrett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means alot coming from you. Thank you for the feedback, and let me know how they perform over time!

Personal knife: Busse Anniversary Mean Street in SR101

Taken down just a couple of degrees to 21 each side with the naniwa chosera stones

nrLVYXA.jpg

This Helix Nano in CPM154 is just awesome and goes so nicely with fall colors. Smooooooth action.

IIAJ5WM.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all for such enthusiastic support over the last few months.

I built a website but could not justify the cost of keeping it up - Bladeforums is my home!

Keeping the snapshot below for sentimental purposes :)

Mtenm0K.jpg

Last edited:
Some pics were here but lost to the photobucket restructure...

Last edited:
Back