TiLock to be discontinued...

I hate to admit it, but this news is making me want to pick up a Ti-Lock...

I mean, I've always had an appreciation for the model, but I figured that I'd pick up a plain Jane 21 first, to round out my Sebbie collection, or perhaps another Mnandi before I took the plunge, but now I'm thinking that Ti-Lock just stepped to the head of the line.

Regards,
Adam

We were also first told that mammoth inlays were discontinued like 3 years ago...just sayin.

The disclaimer about the Ti-Lock not representing "an exercise in ultimate lock strength" was the reason why I never gave it a chance.

In Motion

Thanks LW.

The disclaimer about the Ti-Lock not representing "an exercise in ultimate lock strength" was the reason why I never gave it a chance.

It works just fine as a normal edc knife. That said, if CRK copied that knife's profile in a more traditional backlock design, it would fly off the shelves. Tremendous design proportions/shape.

^^^ Agreed Nick, especially since I now feel that compulsion we all know (and oft can't afford ;)).

The Ti-Lock is a cool knife, but it's not CRK's claim to fame. The invented the framelock as we know it today, this was just something the did because they could.

The Ti-Lock is a cool knife, but it's not CRK's claim to fame. The invented the framelock as we know it today, this was just something the did because they could.

Agreed, IIRC it was an exercise in creating a blade mounted lock. The lock is not what I love about it, it is the form factor. I'd be all over that in a RIL or lockback.

G&G Hawk (who designed the patents for this knife) said on Nicks IG that if he were to do it again (which he is not going too) he would make it a flipper.

now imagine if CRK re-released as a flipper?? Sales would be off the chart.

G&G Hawk (who designed the patents for this knife) said on Nicks IG that if he were to do it again (which he is not going too) he would make it a flipper.

now imagine if CRK re-released as a flipper?? Sales would be off the chart.

My bank account is cringing at the very thought......

I believe the TiLock would have sold better if they had a better marketing campaign from the get-go. It was a new product and customers needed to be educated about why different was better, like what happened on this forum. That's what got me to buy one. Plus possibly the TiLock lost its champion within CRK.

a few dealers have some left but stock is low. how much more do these go on the 2ndary?

a few dealers have some left but stock is low. how much more do these go on the 2ndary?

Lowest I have seen is around $365-
It's probably safe to say that those days are going to disappear quickly..but that is speculation on my part.

Been waiting for my favorite dealer to get these in stock, but they haven't received any. Now I know why. Ordered from my 2nd favorite dealer. Glad to finally get one, but sad to see it's been discontinued.

I've collected all sorts of knives including high-end customs and the Ti-Lock is still one of my all-time favorites. I love the size, weight, performance, aesthetics, and the fact that it is unique. The Reeve warranty/service is a bonus, as is getting a piece created from the mind of the Hawks, who are very genuine and cool people. I view it as a modern take on a slipjoint. With practice the knife can be easily and quickly opened and closed one-handed though, if that's your thing. I did sell mine last year but always figured another would make its way back into my collection. When I saw it was discontinued I quickly scoured the Internet to place an order; I didn't want to miss out. I was lucky enough to find one of the rare ones from the initial batch of 50 with the bead-blast finish. One of the reasons I sold my previous TiLock was the standard stonewash finish would get kind of slippery in my sweaty hands. With the bead blast, a bonus is that the factory will reblast it to as-new.

Back