1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Time for some Bushwhackin' - Photos of OKTs in Nature

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by adequacy, Apr 17, 2017.

1. adequacy

adequacy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Hey everybody. After our discussion in FeralGentlemen's "In Like a Lion" thread, it seemed necessary to get a thread going to showcase pictures of our OKTs out in nature. Any type of nature pic with your OKT in it will do! Of course, nature pics in general are welcome, with or without knives, but I'm hoping to see those knives in action!

I told Chris I'd start this thing off, and I've got some cool photos that hopefully inspire all of you to show us what you got!

[​IMG]
    Oregon Coast With some Sitka Spruce Burl

[​IMG]
    Down by the Creek on some Red Alder

[​IMG]

Glassin' on the beach!

2. adequacy

Mar 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

Small Pool of flowing water - Rough Skinned Newt paradise.

M4Super90 and Panthera tigris like this.
  3. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
    Thanks for starting this thread Ryan, I am too looking forward to seeing the contributions, it funny a couple hours after I mentioned this thread to you and said I didn't really have anything to offer, I had the experience with the Red Shoulder Hawk.

I will post some pictures up soon!

I forgot to mention, I like and enjoyed the pictures you posted!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. adequacy

Mar 19, 2014
    Ha! very funny how it always works out that way. Can't wait to see them!

varga49 likes this.
  5. varga49

varga49 Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 1, 2016
    Ryan!! Those are some great shots. I'll be working on some shots of my own soon for this thread!

6. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Here's my favorite picture of my old Commando Warthog. Douglas is going to have to take the torch of showing this knife off, it's in his care now. Awesome knife, I do regret selling it a bit, but I've got another Warthog in my future for sure!
    [​IMG]

Here's another one of it with some sort of barrel cactus that I've forgotten the name of.
    [​IMG]

And one more, with some Pasqueflowers.
    [​IMG]

I need a new OKT knife before I can post any more, I don't currently own one! :eek:

varga49 likes this.
  7. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Nice guys. I'll play when I get some new pics. Until then, here is a Warthog on one of its many hikes throughout the Hudson River Valley.

[​IMG]

varga49 likes this.
  8. Mish_Mike

Mish_Mike Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2017
    That's a great pic, FG. It's not often we see a head on shot like that. Gives a unique perspective of its contours.

9. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014

Looks like it belongs there! Awesome picture and great view for showing off the contours. Thanks for posting Danny!

10. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Agreed!!
    Danny is a talented photographer!

11. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

We are going to have to remedy this! Everyone should own at least one OKT!!

12. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    I'm ready whenever you make 'one' up for me! ;)

13. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
  14. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    I got you covered!!

15. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    I can't wait Chris, this thread has made my desire for a new Warthog even stronger!

16. adequacy

Mar 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

Warthog in a 400+ years old sitka spruce

17. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

Woww! That is a big tree and cool photo!!

18. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    Man! I need to go visit that area. Trees like that are so amazing, I love giant trees. I'm impressed by our large old ponderosa pines here and they're dwarfed by the trees in the PNW. Super cool!

19. adequacy

Mar 19, 2014
    Yeah it's quite a big one. Not the biggest I've seen up here but impressive all the same. Sure makes the hog look tiny.

Yeah dude, I love the big trees too. I'm quite the dendrophile these days. Any time you want to come up to the PNW I'd be happy to host ya! The wet environment fosters a lot of massive old growth that is just unbelievable

20. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    Sign me up! Haha, I'll let you know when I find time to make it up that way. We have friends in Bend could visit them while we're at it as well.