Titanium!!!

So I recently jumped into ti knives. Bought some grade5 and a carbidized. Huge thanks to Ban Tang for pointing me in the right direction. Carbidized ti knives are awesome in the right niche. When looking into ti knives think slicers! The edge isn't likely to be hair poppin sharp. The carbidized edge is toothy. The micro serrations slice through fiber and flesh incredibly well. The more you use it the sharper it gets. Really...ti is 38 rc and the carbide is 70+ rc so you get a beaver tooth effect. I tested the edge on card board boxes and it just keeper cutting. Here are some pics of current projects.

For sure! Whatcha interested in? The only one sold right now is this one:
It's going to get traditional Jap wrap with rayskin liner. Special request from Craig at empire outfitter. Let me know what you want and I'm happy to give you some prices :)

Last edited:
We just added Damon to our fantastic collection of knife makers at Olde Towne Cutlery and we are completely impressed with his work. I saw this thread and had to respond. I admit I didn’t really understand Ti Knives; knowing that titanium itself doesn’t make for a good cutting edge. When we were at Damon’s place the other day, he gave us a demonstration of how they work. Amazing. It’s exactly like he describes. As a slicer, they are phenomenal. Well, I had to buy one when I was there . Not sure if I will even post it on our site for sale. I’m getting sort of attached to it. I have that same problem as Al Pacino in Scarface; I get high on my own supply.

Ha
We just added Damon to our fantastic collection of knife makers at Olde Towne Cutlery and we are completely impressed with his work. I saw this thread and had to respond. I admit I didn’t really understand Ti Knives; knowing that titanium itself doesn’t make for a good cutting edge. When we were at Damon’s place the other day, he gave us a demonstration of how they work. Amazing. It’s exactly like he describes. As a slicer, they are phenomenal. Well, I had to buy one when I was there . Not sure if I will even post it on our site for sale. I’m getting sort of attached to it. I have that same problem as Al Pacino in Scarface; I get high on my own supply.
Hahaha! Awesome. How about a picture of the one you've got? Sounds interesting^^

We did our photo shoot this afternoon of the six knives we bought. Will post them soon at www.oldetownecutlery.com on the Alfa Knife page (under construction). Below is the Ti knife I might not be able to part with. Still trying to convince the wife that I neeeeeeed another knife. ‍♀️
D44F3345-E05E-409F-9C88-EE5CDCCCE02E.jpeg

4A399E6D-0C66-4C43-89B1-59F98C4C955B.jpeg A9589016-7D69-453F-8176-DFDFF2F788A0.jpeg My Carbidized Ti knife is coated on the nonbevel side so you can sharpen it if you want to expose more TiC coating. I had to remove the bevel on the left side of the blade by grinding material off of the right side. Then the TiC was applied. I did a similar operation on a steel knife, but the applied coating was WC (Tungsten Carbide).

Right. That’s how Damon made these. The non-beveled side is what’s coated so that when you sharpen, a little bit of fresh material will be exposed because that material is harder than the Ti.

I love creative stuff like this. Really cool.

And yes I need two more knives! Lol

Back