To all the naysayers pocket fixed blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics no workee.
I see you went all out with your purchase.
Hoping we do not read of this knife exploding in your pocket.
Be careful, be very careful!!

The key to knife, handgun, etc is to find what works for you. If you are happy with your setup, I am happy. As for carrying a fixed blade, the state of MI made my decision for me. I am content with my Ontario Rat 1 in D2 for most days.

So I bumped up my purchase and got a glock knife today. I have it in a pocket right now.

Maybe you can summarize your previous thread for those of us who didn't read it.

So you are going to carry this in your front pocket, correct?

If true, it seems like massive blood loss may cause you to tire of carrying it.

Keep us updated!

Your status has been elevated. We salute and pledge fealty.

I don't think there were naysayers. Nobody said you CAN'T do that. It was the whacky claims of being a marital artist, and the reasoning behind your motivation that provoked laughter and criticism.

Thanks for the post, I for one look forward to any updates and future topics.
Maybe a short video of you drawing it or the baseball bat. I am having difficulty picturing it with any useful speed.

J
So I bumped up my purchase and got a glock knife today. I have it in a pocket right now. Will post another thread in a month or when this breaks or if I get tired of carrying it. But to be honest this feels pretty comfortable the way I have it.

Here are pics so you can see how I have the knife and such.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29mJqdkDk0JVnBKeGdFa1NhMGs/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29mJqdkDk0Jb1U0QmdwVDBFd1k/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully pics will work
Hey bud I just want to apologize for the rude welcoming you have received . I am glad that you have found a comfy setup . Everyone has different preferences and needs . What works for you might not work for others and vice versa. Just remember not everyone will poke fun at you for being different

Thanks for the post, I for one look forward to any updates and future topics.
Maybe a short video of you drawing it or the baseball bat. I am having difficulty picturing it with any useful speed.
You don't want to see that... it is like a woman that is trying to get into jeans that are 6 sizes too small... Rolling around on the ground, struggling, it is just a rough sight...
The good news is that, upon seeing this, most have just busted out laughing and didn't make an attempt to steal his Yu-Gi-Oh chain wallet.
------
. I have it in a pocket right now.
On topic, I agree, no one said you can't carry a fixed blade in your front pocket. I often do carry a fixed blade in my RFP.

The only difference is that I carry a Custom B&T or a Small Custom Suwanee River...
I carry a Small Fixed Blade in my pocket.

Why do you want to carry such a large fixed blade in your pocket?
Concealment? It hangs out of your pocket, or it is too buried to be of use immediately. Belt carry would allow for 1/2 -3/4 (if not more) of the knife and sheath to be covered.
Fully concealed? Do you have a Concealed Weapon license? In most locations (that I know of), one is needed to fully conceal a knife or firearm.
Ease of accessing it? It is buried inside your pocket, belt carry is easier.
Security of not dropping or having it taken?
That shouldn't be an issue for someome so well versed in a martial art.

How can you deliver a solid kick above your opponents knee with a knife in your pocket that has an OAL of near 10"-12"?

Why did you choose that knife when there are others that are better for self defense?
- A karambit or hawksbill shape will often yield a gaping flesh wound which will scare most off but not be as lethal, while being lighter and quicker. This will aid in your defense in a court room., which is where you will end up. A knife in an encounter will likely need t be explained in front of a judge.
- A dagger or Wharncliffe will offer a more aggressive cutting edge in soft tissue and clothing due to the tip and edge being straight along the slicing path. As well as adding to the puncture if needed... This being the more lethal blade shapes will be harder to defend in a court.

But I am sure, as a trained marital artist, You knew this.
Wait, you Are trained by someone, right? You never said that. You just said you like to practice...

Last edited:
So, it's your intent to draw the sheathed Glock Field Knife from your pocket, remove the sheath with two hands and then proceed to defend yourself from an attacker with a knife already coming at you?...with a knife primarily designed to attack like a bayonet with a thrusting motion and extra reach from being secured to a longarm?

I guess you could practice a technique where you "ejected" the plastic sheath by pushing on the plastic tab with your thumb, but I think you might find yourself with a bad grip on the knife after that.

I'm not making fun of you. I really would like to hear you discuss your rationale, as a trained martial arts expert, for your selection of this knife carried in this manner to defend yourself in a knife fight. What do you know that I'm missing?

P.S.: You might want to look into shortening your trousers. They look to be a tripping hazard as you transition between fighting stances...

naysayersgonnanay.jpg

This is bladeforums gold! Can't make this stuff up. I have a glock knife, and have zero desire to carry one in my front pocket. My guess is the OP is a teenager.

Absolutely Chris.......or a troll who has studied Gechko45's exploits!!

This is bladeforums gold! Can't make this stuff up. I have a glock knife, and have zero desire to carry one in my front pocket. My guess is the OP is a teenager.

First did I say I carried the baseball bat for a long time? I try it out and after a short time like say 2 hours at most found out how impractical it would be.

Found out I could have concealed it to "kill" my friend but sitting down and walking normally were difficult.

Second I do train martial arts with an instructor. If you want to discuss this feel free to start a thread and invite me to post and such. I do not wish to discuss this here.

Third I can "Eject" this glock knife with one hand. I have my hand by my pocket allot.

Fourth I wear baggy clothing cause I like them. I could fit a 2xl t-shirt but wear a 3xlt t-shirt because I like it and it is easy. Same with pants.

Fifth Why does everyone have to always say stuff like "make sure its legal" or "Where I live you would need a certain license". Tell you what move out to South Dakota and buy yourself some land that you own and see what permits you need.

I live in an area with at most 10 thousand people the laws and such are different here.

Legitimately in South Dakota the only permit you need is a conceal carry permit for a pistol. Not a shotgun not a rifle not a knife not a 16 oz can of pepper spray. And guess what for the second time our state congress has voted on eliminating that permit. This last time it passed the house but got vetoed by the governor. The bill did not get the needed 2/3rds majority to be able to not get vetoed.

We even have some court houses that allow people to carry guns and such in them as long as nothing major is happening. What they have said is "Even though it is a law we can chose when to enforce it".

5.5 Even if it were Illegal for me to do stuff why do you need to tell me about it or care or such. You live in a different parts of the USA at best or a different part of the world. So there is nothing you can do.

Sixth I carry stuff as a "status symbol" or "conversation piece" or a "security blanket" not for other people but more for myself. Tell me that is stupid or what ever. But I know people that think it is stupid to carry around "fat" wood or "a flashlight" or such if they are just out in about in town.

Seventh If and this is a big if, but if I ever got into a knife fight even though I train martial arts what makes you think I would be able to get my knife before the guy with the knife has me killed or such. If someone wants to "attack" you with a knife it is not a "fight" It is an "assassination" and you will not see the knife till you have already been stabbed or cut. Tell me I am wrong and I will tell you to do more research on this topic.

Thanks

First did I say I carried the baseball bat for a long time? I try it out and after a short time like say 2 hours at most found out how impractical it would be.

Found out I could have concealed it to "kill" my friend but sitting down and walking normally were difficult.

Second I do train martial arts with an instructor. If you want to discuss this feel free to start a thread and invite me to post and such. I do not wish to discuss this here.

Third I can "Eject" this glock knife with one hand. I have my hand by my pocket allot.

Fourth I wear baggy clothing cause I like them. I could fit a 2xl t-shirt but wear a 3xlt t-shirt because I like it and it is easy. Same with pants.

Fifth Why does everyone have to always say stuff like "make sure its legal" or "Where I live you would need a certain license". Tell you what move out to South Dakota and buy yourself some land that you own and see what permits you need.

I live in an area with at most 10 thousand people the laws and such are different here.

Legitimately in South Dakota the only permit you need is a conceal carry permit for a pistol. Not a shotgun not a rifle not a knife not a 16 oz can of pepper spray. And guess what for the second time our state congress has voted on eliminating that permit. This last time it passed the house but got vetoed by the governor. The bill did not get the needed 2/3rds majority to be able to not get vetoed.

We even have some court houses that allow people to carry guns and such in them as long as nothing major is happening. What they have said is "Even though it is a law we can chose when to enforce it".

5.5 Even if it were Illegal for me to do stuff why do you need to tell me about it or care or such. You live in a different parts of the USA at best or a different part of the world. So there is nothing you can do.

Sixth I carry stuff as a "status symbol" or "conversation piece" or a "security blanket" not for other people but more for myself. Tell me that is stupid or what ever. But I know people that think it is stupid to carry around "fat" wood or "a flashlight" or such if they are just out in about in town.

Seventh If and this is a big if, but if I ever got into a knife fight even though I train martial arts what makes you think I would be able to get my knife before the guy with the knife has me killed or such. If someone wants to "attack" you with a knife it is not a "fight" It is an "assassination" and you will not see the knife till you have already been stabbed or cut. Tell me I am wrong and I will tell you to do more research on this topic.

Thanks

I"ll tell you you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back