Photos Todd Begg Glimpse with mirror frame new blade style

Hello my name is Mark I am one of the owners of Todd Begg knives I wanted to post this here to show you guys what we have been up to at our shop in northern California. This is a mirrored titanium frame with a CTS-204P blade with mirrored bevels. The inlay is spalted birch we sourced and cut through some large pieces to get these select cuts we really liked. The wood is stabilized and brought to a high finish. The back spacer is engraved and jeweled as well as the pocket clip. The blade has a flute with that is food friendly with no holes. We are working here to bring lots of new finishes and styles we have not done in the past.

Begg-Glimpse6-Spalted-NOTDrilledFlute2_zpsqiuuw8pu.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I'm so happy to see some some real effort being put out in the art and design of the knives. The quality and materials are excellent as well. Just the other day I was depressed thinking to myself that the U.S. makers needed to up their game a bit when compared to what the Russians and Chinese have been putting out in semi and custom folders. Namely CKF and Rike knives.

My mind is well at ease as long as you can keep up the effort. Those are quite easily the prettiest Todd begg knives I have ever seen. I'm really floored by them. It's like listening to a beautiful symphony and then the music ends and you are left wanting more! Bravo!

Please, please, please look to the future like these knives. I know U.S. makers can do it! If you can get the price point between $200.00 to $500.00 you'll have a real artistic movement on your hands that everyone can appreciate. :)

Oh, I'm so happy to see some some real effort being put out in the art and design of the knives. The quality and materials are excellent as well. Just the other day I was depressed thinking to myself that the U.S. makers needed to up their game a bit when compared to what the Russians and Chinese have been putting out in semi and custom folders. Namely CKF and Rike knives.

My mind is well at ease as long as you can keep up the effort. Those are quite easily the prettiest Todd begg knives I have ever seen. I'm really floored by them. It's like listening to a beautiful symphony and then the music ends and you are left wanting more! Bravo!

Please, please, please look to the future like these knives. I know U.S. makers can do it! If you can get the price point between $200.00 to $500.00 you'll have a real artistic movement on your hands that everyone can appreciate. :)
Thank you for your comments. We wish we could get these to people for those kind of prices but there is an insane amount of work that goes into these. We are always striving to better our processes to be able to get knives as affordable as we can. If you were to get any of these knives from Todd directly you would pay double the price and wait at least 3 to 5 years. This is our way to get knives that are not quite on the level that Todd makes them but still very advanced. We have plans to do more exotic knives than these this is just a taste of whats to come. We are constantly pushing ourselves to reach new heights.

So wait, the knives being shown in this thread are not customs but midtechs? Are these the knives made by Reate as Todd Begg Steelcraft?

Did I dream this, or did I see a Steelcraft Bodega somewhere? (Full-size).

You didn't dream it.. for sell now and only $10 more that the mini, but not nearly as ornate IMO. Personally I own a mini, but I have mixed feelings on the whole "Begg/Steelcraft" thing. Something knida sad about an extraordinary knife/knife maker leanding a name and/or design to be mass produced as an authorized sort of clone. I dunno, just have mixed feelings about "affordable offerings" from the renowned makers.... Much like my view on my Southard Tolk, I like the knife enough to have bought one, but it seems like I am settling for less than what I would really like (an actual genuine Southard)

You didn't dream it.. for sell now and only $10 more that the mini, but not nearly as ornate IMO. Personally I own a mini, but I have mixed feelings on the whole "Begg/Steelcraft" thing. Something knida sad about an extraordinary knife/knife maker leanding a name and/or design to be mass produced as an authorized sort of clone. I dunno, just have mixed feelings about "affordable offerings" from the renowned makers.... Much like my view on my Southard Tolk, I like the knife enough to have bought one, but it seems like I am settling for less than what I would really like (an actual genuine Southard)

Although i think the steelcraft knives are amazing for the price, I can understand where you are coming from

Although i think the steelcraft knives are amazing for the price, I can understand where you are coming from

Yeah, I think the steelcraft beggs represent an awesome value and are in and of themselves great knives. To me, the allure of a real custom Bodega (or whatever other renowned makers custom) can't be duplicated by the mass produced versions. I understand trying to market to the more average joe, making it affordable and available to far more people and all that. And as I mentioned earlier, I bought one myself and the Steelcraft kwaiken (sold that one though). Thing is (being honest with myself) I often think to myself if I want a Todd Begg Bodega, then buy one instead of a "budget" wannabe

Something knida sad about an extraordinary knife/knife maker leanding a name and/or design to be mass produced as an authorized sort of clone. I dunno, just have mixed feelings about "affordable offerings" from the renowned makers.... Much like my view on my Southard Tolk, I like the knife enough to have bought one, but it seems like I am settling for less than what I would really like (an actual genuine Southard)
I think you're crazy.

Back