Todd Begg Steelcraft Mini Bodega Flipper 3" S35VN made by Reate

I can't remember when I've waited so impatiently for a knife! I only hope I got my pre-order in soon enough to grab one from the first batch...

These knifes are close. My Mini Bodega was pre-ordered through Blades We Love and I received a invoice, a little over a week ago. I paid the remaining $420. Steve, the owner, has been sending updates and more pictures of the Mini Bodega. The quality check has already been done and the knives should hit stores, this week. This knife should be fantastic...life is good.😊

I'm worried because I pre-ordered through Knife Center and I've heard complaints about them over selling on pre-orders...

We'll see, I've had no correspondence from KC other than the weekly updates that they're still working on the order.

I agree that this knife will be fantastic!

Jquirl, I ordered from BWL too but have gotten no update since they arrived at Begg's shop...can you share?

Hi Craig,

I just checked my email and I guess that I deleted the thread. I received the same email that you received when they reached Todd Begg. A couple of days later I replied to Steve and asked him what the status was. He quickly emailed me back, on Friday, and told me that quality check was done and that they were being shipped to the stores and should reach a store today (Tuesday)... Sorry that I deleted my email, so I can't take a screenshot… But this was the jest of it. Did you get the pictures with the knives sitting on the black pad? I wish I would've save the email, so I could have posted the new picture.

Not in your deleted messages? If not that's okay, I appreciate that info!

I'm sorry… I don't. I am kind of weird. I clean out all of my junk and trash email. I received three emails from Steve…The first email said that these knives were a week out and I was sent an invoice for the remaining $420. The second email stated that they had reached Todd Begg and this included a picture of what he called "Eye Candy." I replied to the second email and asked Steve if he had an update. The third email he sent me was a reply that stated that the knives were in route and would reach the store probably today.

I just got mine and it's a fabulous little EDC flipper. It's a perfect size for EDC where the blade length is 3 inches.

Here are my measurements. It weighs 3.75 ounces. The blade length is 2.98" (that's important for places where the blade length must be under 3 inches) and 0.122" thick. Handle length is 4.1" and thickness is 0.506".

It's not yet as buttery smooth as my Kwaiken. I'll apply some Nano-oil and work it tonight.

It has just the right detent and good flipper action. Blade has no play, centered, very sharp and nice two-tone finish. Great jimping on the blade spine and on the backspacer for reverse grip. Nice jeweled titanium clip. Excellent titanium milling. Solid lockup and it has a steel insert on the lock face.

a7f3e0f2-8d2a-4206-9205-6b2ab1b8a9b5_zpshrbq3snn.jpg

9dde9334-ebcf-4448-82ec-0ad0a72847ca_zpsge5j939q.jpg

06617e4f-03bc-4496-b683-7b9eda452b9e_zpsfpezjbga.jpg

28ca2eb8-68f7-423a-bc23-ec486c19bde5_zpsuspsrrlh.jpg

394eae3b-9434-4b02-ae20-272e61a3a166_zpsmsongwey.jpg

5f09b6a1-063b-4d78-bfda-1075d7d175d0_zpsf1ycnsqz.jpg

49ce8a9d-e196-409d-b21e-7c5ade318f51_zpstyijnieu.jpg

5d2aad61-5a3c-434f-9e25-16438ec3c137_zpszj5oqwf3.jpg

I just got mine and it's a fabulous little EDC flipper. It's a perfect size for EDC where the blade length is 3 inches.

Here are my measurements. It weighs 3.75 ounces. The blade length is 2.98" (that's important for places where the blade length must be under 3 inches) and 0.122" thick. Handle length is 4.1" and thickness is 0.506".

It's not yet as buttery smooth as my Kwaiken. I'll apply some Nano-oil and work it tonight.

It has just the right detent and good flipper action. Blade has no play, centered, very sharp and nice two-tone finish. Great jimping on the blade spine and on the backspacer for reverse grip. Nice jeweled titanium clip. Excellent titanium milling. Solid lockup and it has a steel insert on the lock face.

a7f3e0f2-8d2a-4206-9205-6b2ab1b8a9b5_zpshrbq3snn.jpg

9dde9334-ebcf-4448-82ec-0ad0a72847ca_zpsge5j939q.jpg

06617e4f-03bc-4496-b683-7b9eda452b9e_zpsfpezjbga.jpg

28ca2eb8-68f7-423a-bc23-ec486c19bde5_zpsuspsrrlh.jpg

394eae3b-9434-4b02-ae20-272e61a3a166_zpsmsongwey.jpg

5f09b6a1-063b-4d78-bfda-1075d7d175d0_zpsf1ycnsqz.jpg

49ce8a9d-e196-409d-b21e-7c5ade318f51_zpstyijnieu.jpg

5d2aad61-5a3c-434f-9e25-16438ec3c137_zpszj5oqwf3.jpg

Oh Man! Am I jealous! Looks sweet. I got the gray version too.

Last edited:
By the way, the dimple / diamond milling on the titanium gives it excellent texture and assures a solid grip.

For those who wonder if you can open it one-handed without the flipper tab the answer is yes! Simply, pinch the blade with your thumb and middle finger to break past the detent and then slide it all the way open using your thumb.

I'm almost on the verge of tears that others are out there and I don't have mine yet. :( This is the culmination of a year long obsession with the bodega profile! Hurry up, dangit!

I'm almost on the verge of tears that others are out there and I don't have mine yet. :( This is the culmination of a year long obsession with the bodega profile! Hurry up, dangit!

Hopefully, KnifeCenter will ship your order today and since you're in Florida and KC in Virginia it'll be just a matter of a few short days before you have it in hand.

Hang in there, Bro. I know how you feel. I have a feeling that we'll all be enjoying our Mini's by the end of the week!

Just got a tracking number...now I wish I'd ponied up for expedited shipping. Reminder to self: never go cheap on shipping for an expensive knife, lol.

Hey Ram, thanks for sharing the pics! It looks awesome. I love the way there's even styling on the standoffs for the pocket clip!

By the way, the dimple / diamond milling on the titanium gives it excellent texture and assures a solid grip.

For those who wonder if you can open it one-handed without the flipper tab the answer is yes! Simply, pinch the blade with your thumb and middle finger to break past the detent and then slide it all the way open using your thumb.

Thanks, Ram.

This knife is a masterpiece, and from looking excessively at knives appears to be one of the best 3" ones.

If it wasn't a frame lock I would definitely bite, since that is possibly the coolest looking blade I have seen.

If this ever goes for under $350, I will get over myself and buy it. Too sick

Back