Todd Begg + We Knives

Mo2

toddbegg_knives-1495997009587.jpg
toddbegg_knives-1495996954945.jpg

So I didn't see a thread on this yet, please link me if there was.

Todd Begg and We Knives have been collaborating for about a year now on the next Glimps.

what makes this particularly interesting is they switch from Reate and going to We Knives which have been producing some really amazing knives. I love my Reate's, but WE Knives are bad ass too. better yet is the price point these come in at. as we learned from the ferrum forge mass drop and we knives collaboration, pricing is heavily dependent on the amount of knives being made... it appears Todd is going to probably be selling ALOT of them being that the price point is really amazing even for the CarbonFiber version.

I am just wondering how many CNC machines does WE have? Ferrum went with we knives because Begg was working with Reate at the time and now they are both using we knives and producing loads of knives not to mention the knives WE also makes and makes for other brands too.

in any case, here's Begg's IG post...

We are proud to announce the first 100 SteelCraft Glimpse 7.0 will be debuting at Blade show this year in Hotlanta!! We have been working with @weknives on this project for over a year now and the timing has worked out perfect for Blade show this year. We got to be part of @we_knives entry into the American market because we saw several years ago the kind of work they were doing and we believed they could tackle this project with ease and to boot Joe and Angel are a pleasure to work with. We are very happy with the work they have done for us to be able to offer the Glimpse for the first time at this price as an entry into our line of folders for Our SteelCraft series. This version comes with carbon fiber inlays and ti liners, ti pocket clip and titanium backspacer. They will also come with a fluted blade option as well. This version of the Glimpse is very unique because the liners are inlayed to the frame but they are revealed on the back of the knife not only for structural reasons but also is nice ascetically. The SteelCraft Glimpse 7.0 will come with other inlay options which will be displayed at our booth at Blade show this year. The other inlays will be g10 inlayed with g10 and stainless liners will sell for $299 and the g10 inlayed carbon fiber and ti liners will sell for $349. These will be marked to signify they are the first 100 so make sure you get to our booth asap because we don't have much to go around. We will be posting the other colors in the next few days

I won't be at blade show sadly, and I assume if I did they would be sold out the instant I walk in the doors. in any case, I'd love to hear first impressions if anyone tries these at blade.

Last edited:
I believe Todd Bogg Knives is just expanding their production knives to both Reate and WE. I'm hoping there will also be a WE-made Steelcraft Mini Glimpse with a 3" blade this year. As many have seen, WE makes very high-quality knives at very attractive prices. Of course, attaching Todd Begg to a knife does make the price higher than what it would be otherwise. At $349 for the CF these Steelcraft Glimpse are not exactly cheap and we don't know how much it'll be with fluted blade and what the blade steel is. WE's most expensive knife is the integral 702 with M390 for just $295.80!

Here's the picture of the Steelcraft Glimpse CF posted on InstaGram:

18722640_276605389479157_4278030513375019008_n.jpg

Here's a related thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...thering-8-in-vegas-labor-day-weekend.1425705/

I saw this on the WE instagram page. I have to admit im very excited. Reate makes a great knife. But it was painfully obvious a premium is going to be paid for the association with a custom maker. It didnt seem like reate discounted their work when being made for a maker and simply added to the price. In other words a horizon is just as good a knife as a steelcraft but you will pay more for the steelcraft anways.

With WE they seem very commited to competitive pricing no matter what project it is. And i really have to hand it to todd an co. for allowing their designs to be sold at these amazing prices. WE has impressed me from day one. And it seems to be a company that is only getting better. And they also seem dedicated to making something for everyone.

I never thought id be a brand loyalist again. But WE is doing everything in their power to win my knife loving heart. And i want a damn hat and T-Shirt to complete my fanboy experience. Kudos to WE and Begg knives. Finally a company realizes you can have a usa and import product nearly identical in features and materials and they will both find their audience.

Last edited:
I wanted to chime in here. My name is Mark I am Todd's brother and one of the three owners of Begg knives in case any of you don't know who I am. I was looking at Reate's knives a couple of years back and we thought they had potential with what they were doing. We began talks with David and wanted to see if he was eager to learn some of the techniques we would share with him to achieve form fit and finish we were looking for. As we began our conversations David showed eagerness and and humility in learning how to achieve the knives we wanted to get from him. David has a real passion for knife making he is not only driven by profit which was a good fit for us because we have the same passion and belief about good quality and not being driven by profits. David is buried with new future projects for us and we will continue to use Reate for future releases. We have invested a lot of time training him to get to this point and we will continue our training. I have been talking to Joe from We knife before anyone really knew who Joe and We knife were. I had one of their first knives in the USA and I also saw great promise in what We knife was doing. The tide is changing and its not as much about origin any more its about quality. We took a barrage of fire when we first started doing knives with Reate but we just let the knife speak for itself. There are a lot of companies that are not being honest about origin and slapping made in the USA to sell product. We knew we would never go down this road because honesty is the best policy and it will stand the test of time. The American trade law is, if you can show in your books that %51 of the cost to make the knife were int the USA you can put made in the USA on the product. This is not enforced at all and this is not considered illegal but I believe that it is dishonest and uses the USA marketing to sell their product. Many companies are not even doing a single thing to the knife and are putting made in the USA on the product. I think that Reate and We knife deserve credit for their hard work. Imagine how it must feel when your making a product and you know its going to another country and it will say it is made in that country? We will continue to train and raise the bar with our partnerships and try to bring you guys the very best we can. Thank you for your support and feel free to email me any time if you have any questions. My email is mark@beggknives.com I am here to serve you guys in the best way I can.

This is a first run of 100 and will be sold at Blade show this weekend in Atlanta. Theses will all be marked "first run of 100". We may not make all of these color combinations when we release this knife in the next 90 days but we are looking to get some votes on the colors combinations. We will be working with We knife to perfect our processes on future runs on all of our knives. Their team is a pleasure to work with.

The G10 inlayed with carbon fiber version: $349
Specifications:

• Overall Length: 8.875″
  • Blade Length: 3.750″
  • Blade Thickness: .150″
  • Blade Material: CPM-S35VN
  • Blade Finish: satin finish
  • Blade Grind: Fluted with Holes and High Hollow Long Swedge
  • Handle Material: Carbon Fiber Inlay G10 Frame
  • Locking Mechanism: Titanium Inlayed Liner Lock
  • Pocket Clip: Tip-up, right hand
  • Weight: 5.5 oz.
G10 inlayed with G10 version $299

Specifications:

• Overall Length: 8.875″
  • Blade Length: 3.750″
  • Blade Thickness: .150″
  • Blade Material: CPM-S35VN
  • Blade Finish: satin finish
  • Blade Grind: High Hollow Long Swedge and fluted with holes
  • Handle Material: G10 Frame G10 Inlay
  • Locking Mechanism: Stainless Steel Inlayed Liner Lock
  • Pocket Clip: Tip-up, right hand
  • Weight: 6 oz.

Last edited:
I wanted to chime in here. My name is Mark I am Todd's brother and one of the three owners of Begg knives in case any of you don't know who I am. I was looking at Reate's knives a couple of years back and we thought they had potential with what they were doing. We began talks with David and wanted to see if he was eager to learn some of the techniques we would share with him to achieve form fit and finish we were looking for. As we began our conversations David showed eagerness and and humility in learning how to achieve the knives we wanted to get from him. David has a real passion for knife making he is not only driven by profit which was a good fit for us because we have the same passion and belief about good quality and not being driven by profits. David is buried with new future projects for us and we will continue to use Reate for future releases. We have invested a lot of time training him to get to this point and we will continue our training. I have been talking to Joe from We knife before anyone really knew who Joe and We knife were. I had one of their first knives in the USA and I also saw great promise in what We knife was doing. The tide is changing and its not as much about origin any more its about quality. We took a barrage of fire when we first started doing knives with Reate but we just let the knife speak for itself. There are a lot of companies that are not being honest about origin and slapping made in the USA to sell product. We knew we would never go down this road because honesty is the best policy and it will stand the test of time. The American trade law is, if you can show in your books that %51 of the cost to make the knife were int the USA you can put made in the USA on the product. This is not enforced at all and this is not considered illegal but I believe that it is dishonest and uses the USA marketing to sell their product. Many companies are not even doing a single thing to the knife and are putting made in the USA on the product. I think that Reate and We knife deserve credit for their hard work. Imagine how it must feel when your making a product and you know its going to another country and it will say it is made in that country? We will continue to train and raise the bar with our partnerships and try to bring you guys the very best we can. Thank you for your support and feel free to email me any time if you have any questions. My email is mark@beggknives.com I am here to serve you guys in the best way I can.

That's awesome Mark. Many of us have had suspicions about various companies and smaller makers lying about their products country of origin. Its a damn shame and I just wish there was a way to prove some of these suspicions. Its not right to defraud the customer nor give credit to those actually making the product. I have zero problem with Chinese knives. And I love the business model for the steelcraft series. And with you bringing WE on board as well its even more exciting. And its awesome to see you give credit where it is due. Cant wait to see what else is coming next.

Thank you Mark for your honesty, integrity and the specs/models of the Steelcraft Glimpse. Both Reate and WE make high-quality knives. The Steelcraft line continues to impress.

When will we see the Mini Glimpse with a 3" blade just like below?

Begg-Glimpse-WE-BlackCF-Flute_zpsfznf6ond.jpg

I just ordered a steelcraft large bodega,i unfortunately believe it might be better than your midtech field grade version for a lower price.thats the kind of high respect and regard I have for Reate and We, and have knives from both of them ;which equal if not exceed anything made anywhere else.Keep up the good work !Hey,are you the one with the unimog ?

Back