Tom Maringer inspired project

Again John, a truly awesome piece.
I you have any stainless HT questions, feel free to shoot me an email.

John: Absolutely splendid work - I am blown away by the complexity of the project and how clean the work is. Truly masterful work and great talent.

I noticed the thread discussed the use of 1084 vs stainless. Reminds me of the same situation in my shop awhile back - I HATED sending my work out for heat treat. I bit the bullet and bought an oven and a roll of foil wrap. Best thing I ever did.

TK

Last edited:
that is a really sweet piece of work. Love it. Lot of fiddly stuff, too. Nuts. I wouldn't make that, myself. But, then again, I make swords. So...
You nailed this one. Just plain nailed it. Congrats.

thanks ben, nice of you to offer. i may have to follow your lead, tim ! thank you kevin. much appreciated.

I had the good fortune to meet Tom Maringer at Blade 2006. He was wearing one of his double shoulder rigs with the amazingly fast presentation. Then he showed a few of us his wire wrapped take down handle blade. So impressive. I've always wondered what has happened to him since then

I had the good fortune to meet Tom Maringer at Blade 2006. He was wearing one of his double shoulder rigs with the amazingly fast presentation. Then he showed a few of us his wire wrapped take down handle blade. So impressive. I've always wondered what has happened to him since then

He's doing good! He actually swung by my house yesterday. Him and his wife were both a pleasure to meet.

Back