Next Sales Thread Sneak Peek!

Some stunners! Hard to believe they didn't sell at Blade!

Thanks Odaon, I sold quite a few and the number I have left gets smaller each day, I am slowly getting picked off one by one through PM's If you see something you like I suggest you jump on it, These will not be around very long!

Thanks Odaon, I sold quite a few and the number I have left gets smaller each day, I am slowly getting picked off one by one through PM's If you see something you like I suggest you jump on it, These will not be around very long!

Haha, tempting! I've still got my heart set on that Warthog. ;)

I have a special treat for you guy's who have been tuned into the Blade Show work in Progress Thread. I have some knives left over from Blade Show and will be posting 5 of them that were on my table tomorrow 6/15/2017.

I will post a preview around 7:30pm EST and I will unlock at 8pm sharp. I am going back to the old format temporarily while supplies last.

Last edited:
Man, those Orange liners really Pop! Nice looking bunch.

The wood slabs in the middle are just phenomenal. The curl is must be mesmerizing in person.

But the profile of the one in Burlap on the bottom immediately drew my eye. Looks like a nice little edc while still being capable of camp utility work. I bet that thin, pokey tip will work great for zipping open trout bellies.

Man, those Orange liners really Pop! Nice looking bunch.

The wood slabs in the middle are just phenomenal. The curl is must be mesmerizing in person.

But the profile of the one in Burlap on the bottom immediately drew my eye. Looks like a nice little edc while still being capable of camp utility work. I bet that thin, pokey tip will work great for zipping open trout bellies.

Thank you! The wooden handles are another set of 5A Exhibition Grade Koa I had as well, these scales have a lot of chatoyance and tight banding as well as some spalting they are quite amazing in person!

The one on the bottom is a Mamushi it is 3/32 CPM154 and will make quick work of that trout and makes excellent EDC/general purpose blade. The handle is Thunderstorm Kevlar, it is a Burlap weave of Kevlar and has twice the heat resistance of micarta. It is some tough stuff and makes for a nice handle.

The other two Burlap looking ones are also Thunderstorm Kevlar the sheets range in hue from lighter to darker like natural Micartas.

Not to be rude, but if I am holding a knife and I am nearing the charring point of standard Micarta, let alone a higher grade, I am going to put the knife through my head... If not that drastic, my mindset definitely would align more with personal preservation.

Thanks for the particulars. A stunning bunch, to be sure.
I can see that the the Thunderstorm has a more butterscotch color, where as most standard burlap is more brown. Still I assumed that it was standard burlap.

When looking about for materials, keep an eye out for Sapele, particularly Pomele Sapele. It is often used in Guitar backs due to its high figure, color, chatoyance and eyes while still being fairly low in worm damage and checks.
Pomele is akin to Curly in Curly birch, but a tighter version. More along the lines of Fiddleback Curly Birch or Maple where it is Highly figured and highly chatoyant than the normal "Curly" models of the woods above.

Wow, that orange stripe really does pop! I've only had time to check these out very briefly on my phone but got to look at them on the PC and bigger screen last evening. Each one is outstanding and I don't know if I could pick a favorite.

Not to be rude, but if I am holding a knife and I am nearing the charring point of standard Micarta, let alone a higher grade, I am going to put the knife through my head... If not that drastic, my mindset definitely would align more with personal preservation.

Thanks for the particulars. A stunning bunch, to be sure.
I can see that the the Thunderstorm has a more butterscotch color, where as most standard burlap is more brown. Still I assumed that it was standard burlap.

When looking about for materials, keep an eye out for Sapele, particularly Pomele Sapele. It is often used in Guitar backs due to its high figure, color, chatoyance and eyes while still being fairly low in worm damage and checks.
Pomele is akin to Curly in Curly birch, but a tighter version. More along the lines of Fiddleback Curly Birch or Maple where it is Highly figured and highly chatoyant than the normal "Curly" models of the woods above.

No offense taken, we are all entitled to our opinions. I would like to give an outside the box reply.
Say for instance your are a Firefighter. Your equipment might come in contact with items that are really hot, micarta burns at around 300 degrees Thunderstorm Kevlar around 600 degrees. Another example would be most cooking surfaces reach between 300 and 450 degrees say buy accident your knife happens to come in contact with one of these surfaces it would less likely end up damaged. I could give a few more examples but you get the idea. From a knifemaking standpoint this allows me to machine the material without too much worry of burning the material. Natural micarta in comparison will burn relatively easily so more care is needed. I can also say from my experience the material is tougher than traditional Burlap micarta.

I will look into those woods, I think I have heard of them before. I like Tiger and Flamed Maples thanks for the info

Last edited:
Wow, that orange stripe really does pop! I've only had time to check these out very briefly on my phone but got to look at them on the PC and bigger screen last evening. Each one is outstanding and I don't know if I could pick a favorite.

Thanks Jerry!!
I like them all too!

Rub some dirt on it.

Little F#€Ker is sharp though and it's not the most pointy of the bunch, I rarely cut myself on my knives anymore the tip just barely touched my knuckle. Kinda surprised me, It is very small cut but if you have not personally experienced my edges here is a example of why to be careful.

Last edited:
Back