Tooled sheath

I strive to get my basketweave as straight and as even as possible. Very light layout lines can help with this.

Also - I think the dye muddies the basketweave a bit here. Some resist may help here.

With all of this said - it is your best work to date and it looks like you have that Cobra 3 sorted out.

Jason

Hey - I'd order a sheath from you :thumbsup:. These guys are being more critical than my untrained eye can discern but then I look at the photos again and say - OH YEAH. Excellent for you to be willing to share and seek advice. You will just keep getting better. I'm critical (when asked) for woodworking. There I do have a trained eye, nonetheless I can appreciate a good effort and happy to say so.

Nicely done :cool:

Ray

Hey - I'd order a sheath from you :thumbsup:. These guys are being more critical than my untrained eye can discern but then I look at the photos again and say - OH YEAH. Excellent for you to be willing to share and seek advice. You will just keep getting better. I'm critical (when asked) for woodworking. There I do have a trained eye, nonetheless I can appreciate a good effort and happy to say so.

Nicely done :cool:

Ray
Thanks, Ray--it means a ton to hear that. It's not always easy to put myself out there, but I always learn something when I do (and hopefully some others are as well).

Last edited:
I strive to get my basketweave as straight and as even as possible. Very light layout lines can help with this.

Also - I think the dye muddies the basketweave a bit here. Some resist may help here.

With all of this said - it is your best work to date and it looks like you have that Cobra 3 sorted out.

Jason

Thanks Jason.
Yes,...... I mostly have the Cobra 3 sorted out but am still not 100% satisfied with my back-stitch.

Amy. Don't look at "putting yourself out there" as a negative thing. I think this group of guys is one of the most supportive of any forum I've been part of. You can only learn by your mistakes, and continue striving for the best you can do. I've been playing the drums for 49 years. I'm at where I'm at from all the teachers, practice, constructive criticism, and mistakes that I've made. If you're passionate about anything in life, you will progress level to level as time and experience moves forward. Just slow down, take your time, and if you become frustrated, leave it alone for some time. Then go back to it when you're ready. As other's have said, the sheath looks great !!!!!

Amy. Don't look at "putting yourself out there" as a negative thing. I think this group of guys is one of the most supportive of any forum I've been part of. You can only learn by your mistakes, and continue striving for the best you can do. I've been playing the drums for 49 years. I'm at where I'm at from all the teachers, practice, constructive criticism, and mistakes that I've made. If you're passionate about anything in life, you will progress level to level as time and experience moves forward. Just slow down, take your time, and if you become frustrated, leave it alone for some time. Then go back to it when you're ready. As other's have said, the sheath looks great !!!!!

Thanks. And I completely agree with you on this forum being nothing but supportive--the feedback I get is always very constructive and I've learned TONS since joining (light years ahead of where I'd be otherwise)--I wouldn't trade what I've learned from everyone's input for the world. And I trust that as long as I keep posting and asking for help, they'll keep giving it. It is, as you pointed out, how one learns.

Back