Training

Hi Chris!

If you do a search on this, you'll come up with more than you could ever want. Off the top of my brain, try these:

Videos: "Jim Grover's" (Kelly McCann's) Combatives (3 tape set)--I don't have this yet, but I'm intending to get it soon cause I've heard nothing but good about it.

Books/Booklets: Jeff Cooper's "Principles of Personal Defense"; Ayoob's "The Truth About Self-Protection" and "In the Gravest Extreme"; Gavin de Becker's "The Gift of Fear" (check it out of the library or get it at a used bookstore--de Becker is anti-gun); Sanford Strong's "Strong on Defense"; "Her Wits About Her: Self-Defense Success Stories by Women", ed. by Caignon and Groves (not just excellent for lending to female friends, but also good reading about actual situations and their aftermaths).

Websites: Marc "Animal" MacYoung has a very large, print heavy site which covers a lot of ground; Don Rearic has a site which covers a lot of practical stuff and weapons info ( www.drearic.com ) and is one of my favorites. Also, I regularly check in to John Farnam's site and read his "quotes & quips" section, which he updates every month or so (Defense Training, International).

Just some general S-D and crime prevention stuff to start with without trying to be all-inclusive!

Karl

Back