Trench bowie one off

BenR.T.

Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey guys! So I've been on kind of an old school kick lately, looking at a lot of cutlass, military and especially WWII blades.
This is my version of a trench knife. The 9.5" blade is CPM 3V with a large fuller to help balance it out. The guard is wrought iron and the handle is some of my vintage black micarta (from the 60's).
I really don't a lot of sculpted hidden tangs, partly because there are so many makers that just nail them, and partly because I am focused on other styles. This is only my third one probably.

The sheath is also an old school style, but I also made it capable of being mounted with a Tek Lok or molle lok. It is all hand stitched, dyed and waxed.

Pretty pleased with the whole package.

I love your Japanese-style pieces but this is maybe my favorite......just phenomenal my friend!!!!! :cool:

I agree with Dudley. Pretty darn incredible. Every nano meter of that knife speaks to me.

If there is a Seattle show next year, and you're going, you'll have to at least have one on the table. Mike

Hey guys! So I've been on kind of an old school kick lately, looking at a lot of cutlass, military and especially WWII blades.
This is my version of a trench knife. The 9.5" blade is CPM 3V with a large fuller to help balance it out. The guard is wrought iron and the handle is some of my vintage black micarta (from the 60's).
I really don't a lot of sculpted hidden tangs, partly because there are so many makers that just nail them, and partly because I am focused on other styles. This is only my third one probably.

The sheath is also an old school style, but I also made it capable of being mounted with a Tek Lok or molle lok. It is all hand stitched, dyed and waxed.

Pretty pleased with the whole package.

I hope you'll make more of this one.

Stunning! Wouldn’t want to be in the trenches but if I were I wouldn’t feel underarmed with such a blade.

Back