Trophy Room - Hunting and Fishing Pics

Got a nice swamp buck for the freezer on Saturday. Just a spike but any deer is a good deer where I'm hunting. Weighed around 120 lbs. was hell hauling it out but made the hunt well worth it!
5c0536fdb790d36e61f73f3dd3d56e72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It wasnt easy but it makes any kill very rewarding out there. Just got word my FIL got a doe on the same stand this morning. Now that we got some meat in the freezer the hunt for the big one begins!

I try to stay half way clean working on critters. My girl is more like 'Everybody stand back!!' as is evidenced in the condition of this poor 4.1 :D I've taken her muledeer hunting since she was a little girl, but she wanted to chase whitetails this year which is what I grew up on. Here's her first whitetail buck.

Last edited:

Got my bow buck on Sunday. I had my son with me who insisted I take him. I passed on this guy earlier by myself but I'm happy I took him with my son to make it a more memorable experience. 13 points on this guy

Got my bow buck on Sunday. I had my son with me who insisted I take him. I passed on this guy earlier by myself but I'm happy I took him with my son to make it a more memorable experience. 13 points on this guy

AWEsome! :thumbup: Particularly on the waiting and then taking him with your son present - speaking from experience as a city-kid out hunting with my own dad, I still relish the memory of being there and seeing my dad literally bring in the harvest. I doubt your son will ever forget that Sunday.

bigjustin, the pack is the Condor Compact Assault Pack (amazon link). It was only $40 when I bought it, now it's $50.

Hunterjrg, Pretty cool you could show your son some wonderful archery action. Where in SE WI? Was he chasing or did you rattle him in? Are they running by you? (I hunt in Waukesha/Washington counties)

My daughter with her opening day buck.
9edb66fa64f1df75a8e387fe46818696.jpg

She did a lot of the processing as well.

abc26bd75a1d7f0d1057bf8c135d203c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

Great buck Brian77

Cootshooter I live in the Waukesha area. You might see me driving around. Black Ford Raptor with a DUcks Unlimited plate. I hunt though in SW WI along the WI river bluffs. Northern Grant county. Bucks were chasing hard Halloween week. I had a chance the weekend after on a giant 10 but couldn't close the deal. This past weekend was terribly slow.

This year is a little bittersweet. My dad passed away this past year so this wil be my first year hunting without him. My son is 11 this year and is able to hunt with his own rifle and take his own buck. A low and a high and a passing of the torch.

Woohoo! That'd be a dandy here, Jon. He looks like an old buck, any guesses on age?

I don't think he was that old. That's why I passed on him the first time. When we skinned him he was very lean with basically no fat on him. My neighbor thought only 3 1/2.

^Really quite a difference in whitetails around the country. We usually see heavy horns with mass out to the ends on our older deer, seldom on younger bucks which are most often narrow and tall out here.

This year is a little bittersweet. My dad passed away this past year so this wil be my first year hunting without him. My son is 11 this year and is able to hunt with his own rifle and take his own buck. A low and a high and a passing of the torch.

I'm glad your boy wants to get out there with you. Hunting partner for life hopefully :thumbup:

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

Great buck Brian77

Cootshooter I live in the Waukesha area. You might see me driving around. Black Ford Raptor with a DUcks Unlimited plate. I hunt though in SW WI along the WI river bluffs. Northern Grant county. Bucks were chasing hard Halloween week. I had a chance the weekend after on a giant 10 but couldn't close the deal. This past weekend was terribly slow.

Sorry to hear about your dad and hunting partner (just broke down on the stand thinking about it). It's too bad your son wont get to hunt with his grandpa but sounds to me like he will learn very much from his old man. Again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Great minds must think alike - I also have DU plates (MIGR8) on a black jeep grand. I live out by South High. Hope the ducks start piling in soon, I'd like to be getting in their britches after this gun deer weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your dad and hunting partner (just broke down on the stand thinking about it). It's too bad your son wont get to hunt with his grandpa but sounds to me like he will learn very much from his old man. Again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Great minds must think alike - I also have DU plates (MIGR8) on a black jeep grand. I live out by South High. Hope the ducks start piling in soon, I'd like to be getting in their britches after this gun deer weekend.

Thanks PooN

My son has always going hunting with us since he was a wee little flea. He has hunted with both his grandfathers though not with his own gun. He was with my father n law on his last hunt too. My father n law was a big duck hunter. The last hunt he ever went on we had my son with us. He was climbing on him and they were laughing and eating snacks. I don't think they cared if the Ducks were flying or not(much to my dismay at the time). Low and behold a flock flew over and I called them in. My father n law dropped two drake mallards. He smiled and thanked me for his best hunt ever. Big words for a man who hunted Canada,Arkansas flooded timber and wherever else.

Love your plate too. HNTDUX for me.

Thanks PooN

The last hunt he ever went on we had my son with us. He was climbing on him and they were laughing and eating snacks. I don't think they cared if the Ducks were flying or not(much to my dismay at the time). Low and behold a flock flew over and I called them in. My father n law dropped two drake mallards. He smiled and thanked me for his best hunt ever.

Once again you've got me all busted up while up in my treestand.

7626d26bae8abc1cfdf3f955fc38d906.png

Last edited:
Back