Tusker User Group pics

5.5" Tusker in Spec Ops sheath on board UH-1 in Afghanistan.

P4280235-L.jpg

Tusker:

P8040166-L.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup,Good equipment in that pic.
The 22mag is an Excellent caliber, Ive made it do some Wicked things.
Did ya get any varmints???

That looks like a well used 22 mag. That's one caliber I can't believe I've never gotten. I use to use and still have my Savage model 340 bolt action 222 rem. I dusted alot of groundhogs in the early 1980's with that gun. We hunted them during the summer in West Virginia.
Scott

Nice setup,Good equipment in that pic.
The 22mag is an Excellent caliber, Ive made it do some Wicked things.
Did ya get any varmints???

Thanks.

Yeah, I love my 22mag! Let loose on a couple squirrles but came up short. Still had a great day out though.

That looks like a well used 22 mag. That's one caliber I can't believe I've never gotten. I use to use and still have my Savage model 340 bolt action 222 rem. I dusted alot of groundhogs in the early 1980's with that gun. We hunted them during the summer in West Virginia.
Scott

It is well used, I picked it up used about 5 years ago from a local gun shop. He had a sticker on it for $125 in that shape, got him down to $80 and he threw in 100 rounds of ammo. Nice deal!

I have been looking at getting another vamint gun and 222 crossed my mind. Seems like a nice flat shooting round. Might have to revisit that thought.

The 222 is good out to about 300 yds with the right load. I use my 22 250 more now that's why the 222 took a back seat.
Scott

Thanks.

Yeah, I love my 22mag! Let loose on a couple squirrles but came up short. Still had a great day out though.

It is well used, I picked it up used about 5 years ago from a local gun shop. He had a sticker on it for $125 in that shape, got him down to $80 and he threw in 100 rounds of ammo. Nice deal!

I have been looking at getting another vamint gun and 222 crossed my mind. Seems like a nice flat shooting round. Might have to revisit that thought.

Just food for thought, The 222 is a great round and so is the 22-250, i have the 22-250 in a 15" Encore barrel, but just a reminder if your considering a 222 give the 223 a look, alot of times you can find ammo cheaper, if thats even the right word these days.:mad:.

I love the 22mag, and it seems like the prices have sky rocketed the past few years even on these pipsqeak round, i remember paying the HIGH of $7 bucks a few years ago, now its $15 and $18 some places,
Thats INSANE to me, hell its like buying a box of my other two favorites 243 & 45-70, the world is GOING TO HELL, QUIK!!!!!
RANT OVER, great guns guys, i will get some pics up in the next few days of some of my babies, if ya'all want to see'um.
Thanks, and sorry for the bitchin' :eek:

Awesome pictures!!! Keep 'em coming!! I've wanted a Tusker model for a very long time and I believe it's time to finally own one..:thumbup:

Heres a pic of the Albino Big Boar Tusker, along side another Big Boar 45-70 Guide Gun.
Both are Serious woodswalkin tools, and Great to have when the chips are down.
Both more than willing & able to inflict serious damage, or to get you out of a jam...

GuideGun007.jpg

Last edited:
Back