Tusker User Group pics

Glad ya liked it Scott......Ive used this Tusker so much, its like an extension of my hand. Its nice to know what your blade can do. It split that round no problamo. Ill do it again and again with this blade....lol

Finally got a chance to really use my Tusker on a overnight with my son last weekend. Sorry for the weak photography, but I'm a Tusker user, not a photographer.

Taking out a sapling for a hiking stick was pretty quick:

campingharriman10-2011052.jpg

Nice sheath.

campingharriman10-2011053.jpg

Some fire prep:

campingharriman10-2011050-1.jpg

At 1/4" thick, the Big Boar will get 'er done:

campingharriman10-2011049.jpg

Scott's super generous choil lets you choke right up there for feathering, notching and such:

campingharriman10-2011051.jpg

Yup, the BBT is a keeper for sure.

Bean

This is not actually an "in the field" picture, but a very good friend of mine gave me some doe meat this morning, so I grabbed the o'l 5" Tusker and began takin' care of business.

This is not actually an "in the field" picture, but a very good friend of mine gave me some doe meat this morning, so I grabbed the o'l 5" Tusker and began takin' care of business.

Now we're talking.

Congrates atcgriffin, welcome to the group.
Scott

my sidekick is still going strong (sorry for the poser shots but i rarely take a camera into the field)

gossmanuser.jpg

my sidekick is still going strong (sorry for the poser shots but i rarely take a camera into the field)

gossmanuser.jpg

Awesome shot! Can I ask bout the two wrappings on the handle. What are they?

Two more: Is the blade patina'd or is that just dirt from use? And where did you get that sheath? Looks great!

thanks man. this blade and i have been through all kinds of shit together haha. that's an all natural God-given patina right there (the blade is clean compared to normal...it's actually wiped off with some oil on it). and the handle is nothing special, standard 550 paracord lanyard and grip tape you get a sporting goods store. both help with control in the muck. oh and the sheath is a spec ops survival sheath ( http://www.onestopknifeshop.com/store/spec-ops-brand-survival-sheath.html ) with a leatherman blast, bic lighter, mini flashlite (can't remember the model right now) and a eze-lap sharpener. anything else i need i improvise ;-)

thanks man. this blade and i have been through all kinds of shit together haha. that's an all natural God-given patina right there (the blade is clean compared to normal...it's actually wiped off with some oil on it). and the handle is nothing special, standard 550 paracord lanyard and grip tape you get a sporting goods store. both help with control in the muck. oh and the sheath is a spec ops survival sheath ( http://www.onestopknifeshop.com/store/spec-ops-brand-survival-sheath.html ) with a leatherman blast, bic lighter, mini flashlite (can't remember the model right now) and a eze-lap sharpener. anything else i need i improvise ;-)

Thanks for the answers! That really is cool to see such a great knife obviously used hard!

Back