USA Made Blade November 5th Open House Invite

whitty

Dealer / Materials Provider
We will be having an open house/gathering event on Saturday November 5th and would love for all of you to come. I realize this is a stretch for many of you based on location, but you are still all invited. Below are some details on what to plan on. Please email to scott@usamadeblade.com and let me know you are in so we can plan properly for food.

Here is information for the day of the event:

When:

Saturday, November 5th from Noon until 5:00 PM

Where:

USA Made Blade
320 North Main St.
Salisbury, NC 28144

Where to stay:

The Courtyard Marriott
120 Marriott Circle
Salisbury, NC 28144
(704) 680-9201

Across the Pond Bed and Breakfast
324 North Fulton St.
Salisbury, NC 28144
(866) 296-7965

Event plans:

The shop will open at noon and close at 5:00. This will be a time to shop up front and hang out with some great makers. As of right now we have Ethan Becker, Andy Roy, Todd Hunt, Murph, Allen Surls, Dylan Fletcher, reps from Southern Grind and reps from Benchmade all planning to come.

We will have lunch brought in and snacks and drinks in the back for guests from out of town and from this forum. That night we will also have dinner brought in as well and plenty of drinks for everyone to enjoy. The biggest part is just for everyone to have plenty of time to hang out and enjoy meeting each other.

If you are coming in Friday please let me know as I would love to meet up for dinner and hang out that night.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to PM or email me anytime.

I look forward to seeing some of you soon!

Scott (Whitty) Whittington
scott@usamadeblade.com

P.S. As some of you may be bringing family I thought I would list some other things to do while in town!

We have some great other stores downtown including 2 great gift shops, some great clothing shops and 2 fantastic craft breweries all with in a few blocks.

Dan Nicholas Park is actually really cool for kids. It is about 10 miles from our shop and has an awesome play ground, carousel, mini train ride and an animal area with bears, wolves, bald eagles and other rescue animals:
http://www.rowancountync.gov/GOVERNMENT/Departments/ParksRecreation/DanNicholasPark.aspx

Tiger World is a Tiger and animal rescue place that is great for everyone. Go early in the morning as it is cool to watch them feed the animals. It is about 15 minutes from us.
http://www.tigerworld.us/

North Carolina Transportation Museum is about 5 minutes away from us.
http://www.nctrans.org/

For those looking to do some Mountain Biking:
http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/salisbury-community-hurley-park.html

I will add to this list as I think of more!

Last edited:
I would love to make it down, but I'll be taking a knifemaking course at L.T. Wright's shop that weekend. Take lots of pics!

I would love to make it down, but I'll be taking a knifemaking course at L.T. Wright's shop that weekend. Take lots of pics!

Very cool! LT came last year but can not make it this year. Tell him hello for us and enjoy the class. Hopefully next year you can all come!

hmmm.....
17 hours in the car each way for a 5 hour open house.........

tempting, but....... not likely.

hmmm.....
17 hours in the car each way for a 5 hour open house.........

tempting, but....... not likely.

Trust me if you are driving that far I promise we will entertain you more than 5 hours. Just think of it as a nice long scenic Sunday drive:D

Already have the cloriform rag, handcuffs, and the rubber chicken ready for Kevin! 😙

Had a great time meeting you guys! Spent much time at the TM Hunt table and found the perfect knife! Ran out of time and didn't get to go back and purchase. Hopefully It's still available and I can still get it online! Although, he did offer me a sweet deal of "buy nine knives and get the tenth one at full price". Awesome!

Great to meet you as well Whitty. Nice shop! I'll have to come back with the check book and no wife next time. :D

Back